High Protein Easy Lunch ideas?

WLSJourney

Hello!

I am 5.5 weeks post op.  I am looking for lunch ideas that are easy to take to work and high in protein?

I have been doing diced ham and cheese, along with rolled up lunch meats and cheese.  I am looking for variety and maybe options that can be eaten cold.  I do not always have a microwave available.  To be honest pre op, I rarely ate lunch or went out and made poor choices...

Any advice is appreciated!

cooked shrimp, cold with a dab of cocktail sauce.

tuna, chicken, egg, ham salad eaten with a fork or on sliced cucumber " crackers"

homemade chili, lots of beef or chicken, fewer beans.

dannon light and fit greek yogurt with fresh berries

cottage cheese with olives, crumbled blue cheese with a drop of salad dressing.

ricotta cheese, covered with marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese, gently warmed in the nuker.

real sliced turkey with a slice of bacon and a little Russian dressing with romaine leaves for bread.

Edited by Spunkycat

Did you see this thread? The difference between "lunch" and "snack" doesn't really exist for me anymore, so if that's the case for you there's lots of good ideas in this thread that are easy!

http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/topic/108814-healthy-snacks/#comment-1231994 

Morningstar Spicy Black Bean burgers with a bit of cheese melted over it...yum.  For a no- microwave day love deviled eggs, tuna salad, jerky, cheese stick wrapped in deli ham.  Lots of good options.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like to make a big batch of chili and have that with a little bit of cheddar cheese for lunch.  After I dole out lunches for the week, I freeze the rest in quart size baggies.  Then I have another week's worth of lunches for another time when I don't feel like cooking :)

I also sometimes grab a rotisserie chicken from our local grocery store and have that for lunches for the week.  Some chicken, maybe a slice of colby jack cheese, and a dab of bbq sauce...yum.  I don't bother to heat it most of the time.  

Did you see this thread? The difference between "lunch" and "snack" doesn't really exist for me anymore, so if that's the case for you there's lots of good ideas in this thread that are easy!

http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/topic/108814-healthy-snacks/#comment-1231994 

There is no difference for me between meal and snack anymore either.