Pertygirl10

Breaking out?!

Is anyone else out there breaking out?  I'm getting adult acne, I'm too old for this :angry::angry:

I'm trying to keep clean,  using acne meds, etc.  I feel like an awkward teenager

sorry you are going thru this.

acne can occur at any age. You can try a whole bunch of over the counter creams etc. but the best treatment is to see a dermatogist for a prescription for tetracycline. Text works very well.

best...

I currently have what feels like Mt Vesuvius ready to erupt on my chin.  In the past year I've had a few good breakouts (even before surgery).  The ones I've had since surgery feel much nastier than the others

During active weight loss I battled with this too. I thinks it's the fat releasing lots of hormones. Definitely not pleasant. I bought a blemish stick that contains tea tree oil from Desert Essence. You can find online. It really helped. I still use it ocassionally if something starts brewing...

I have very sensitive skin and it was just fine.

I wondered if it was the change in diet and faster than normal weight loss. ..it just seems like everyday there's a new one, <_<

Haha I am applying acne cream as I type! I went to bed normal and woke up with acne all over my face.  Wash your pillow cases and cpap masks if you use, it helps when we're oil making machines! 

Hi! The same thing happened to me.  My dermatologists told me that it was the protein powder.  He told me to leave it and try to get the protein from food instead, but my nutritionist recommended to change to another brand that did not include vitamins...I am still taking it, but I am using the clindamicine solution that the dermatologist prescribed...

Hi, I know your question is from a while ago, but fat cells hold estrogen as well as fat, and when you rapidly lose weight, they release extra estrogen into your system.  This is why surgeons tell you to use extra birth control.  Unfortunately extra estrogen means breakouts and PMS too :(  Hope you're feeling better at this point!