createchange

Anyone have a TT Revision?

I have, for lack of a better term, dent in my side and a ridge just above my pubic bone on one side. I also have some baggy skin above my belly button. It has been a year since my TT and my surgeon said some people just don't heal evenly and he could see the loose skin getting worse because of where it is (worse as in skin rashes). He will do the revision for free, but I still have to pay the facility fee ($1000) and the anesthesiologist ($700). 

I am apprehensive about getting the revision because of cost, but know that eventually, especially if I get a rash, I will want it done. Doing it now means not paying the surgeon fees. 

I'm wondering if revision surgery is less taxing...not abdominal muscle work...so it should be, right?

I didn't have a revision but about 5 months after my TT I had some puckering on my hips at the incision. MY PS said he would fix both sides and he did - right in his office. He gave me a local and then removed two sections of skin about 4" wide by 2" high. My puckering was less than a inch on each side but since he was going to fix it, he took off a little more skin to tighten things up even more. I went back to work later that day and was back in the gym two days later. What you are considering sounds much more involved that what I had done but I wanted to share if all the work is surface and no tightening or anything under your skin, you should recover very fast.

I might have to get some puckering fixed as well.  I was told it was done in the office.  If I had to get more skin removed on the sides he will want me going under and laying on my belly during the procedure.  I don't know what cost would be but I'm sure its not free.  He said I need to give a few more weeks and in January I will have my 3 month check up and we will determine then if I need additional skin removed or fix the dog ears. 

I had a tummy tuck in April 2013, then revised that to a lower body lift in October 2013. When my plastic surgeon, Dr. Capella, did the revision to the tummy tuck portion of the LBL, he tightened the skin but did not tighten the muscles again. It seemed minimally invasive and a good idea. My tummy was even flatter after the revision, although it was very good to begin with. 

The downside is that my skin was pulled so tight that I've had issues. Dr. Capella believed the skin would stretch. There was no doubt in his mind. But more than two years out from surgery, I still cannot swim as I cannot arc my back properly owing to the skin not stretching enough. Add to that, I have had shoulder issues for which I am in physical therapy in 2014 and currently in PT again. I'm not a hunchback or anything like that. I look good, and the average person would not see anything wrong with me. But my functional mobility and stability need correction. 

I don't want to discourage you from getting a revision. Rather, I am trying to be helpful in that my case is possibly worth discussing with your plastic surgeon and assessing the likelihood that it could happen to you. Keep in mind, too, that Dr. Capella is a very experienced surgeon in post massive weight loss bodies and never in the world did he think this would happen to me (otherwise he would not have done the revision). 

Good luck with your decision. 

i'm about two weeks out from the revision and all is good. I have a lot of fluid. My lower belly looks like a water bed, but I am sure they will drain it this week. I was able to be back at work 2.5 days after surgery and the only thing that really hurts is there is a bruise on my hip.

I had a revision 6 months out, and it actually was a dramatic difference from the original surgery. Glad I did it.