Halloween with no candy.........

I have always associated an event or holiday with food.  Thanksgiving with turkey and stuffing, Christmas with ham and sweet potatoes, New Years Eve's with seafood, birthday's with cake and even Halloween with candy.  It was not easy to stop these associations but it can be done.  I still had fun at Halloween but did not need the candy.

12189781_10205511917547875_5784917122959694220_n.jpg

Edited by Jodi

With young children in my household, we did the traditional trick-or-treating. The kids ate much as they wanted afterward, were told the candy would be gone in the morning, and it was.

My husband had a few pieces, and I had none.

Nobody gorged, nobody got sick, and it's over.

Wow! You look amazing! Such a tiny waist :-)

I had 4 daughters (a set of full term twins).  But after my lower body lift I have maintained my 26 inch waist.

I was only 8 months pregnant and still went another 5 weeks.  Alicia was 7 lbs 20.5" long and Amber was 6lbs 11 oz and 20.5" long, they are now 24 years old!!!

IMG_0906.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

I had 4 daughters (a set of full term twins).  But after my lower body lift I have maintained my 26 inch waist.

I was only 8 months pregnant and still went another 5 weeks.  Alicia was 7 lbs 20.5" long and Amber was 6lbs 11 oz and 20.5" long, they are now 24 years old!!!

That pregnancy picture had me laughing so much - that is a huge baby bump Jodi.  I'm surprised you could even keep your balance.

I have always associated an event or holiday with food.  Thanksgiving with turkey and stuffing, Christmas with ham and sweet potatoes, New Years Eve's with seafood, birthday's with cake and even Halloween with candy.  It was not easy to stop these associations but it can be done.  I still had fun at Halloween but did not need the candy.

I had candy in the house - not that we ever have any trick or treaters - we're a little remote but I can honestly say that it doesn't bother me one bit.  I've still got over half a box of Teuscher's Swiss chocolate truffles in the fridge from Christmas almost 2 years ago.

Chocolate used to be a huge part of my life but I followed the advice of my NUT and didn't touch any chocolate or other candy until I was at goal.  When I got there, reality was that I didn't even want any and that's been pretty much how it's been since.  

It was definitely hard to walk or even move around but I had 2 healthy girls.

Edited by Jodi

You did amazingly well to keep those babies in so long Jodi, and what great birth weights they were!

Thankfully Halloween isn't a big 'thing' in Australia, and I don't have small children, so no candy here, that's one less holiday to worry about!

You did amazingly well to keep those babies in so long Jodi, and what great birth weights they were!

And they are also drop dead gorgeous .... they definitely inherited Jodi's genes!  LOL! :  3 beautiful ladies

And they are also drop dead gorgeous .... they definitely inherited Jodi's genes!  LOL! :  3 beautiful ladies

They are gorgeous, and could be sisters!  Wowsers!

IMG_0906.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

holy cow! You are super woman and my hero! That is absolutely amazing! Thank you for sharing this.... truly a miracle you were able to do something most women could only dream of..... 

awesome awesome.  i have worked most of my career with baby bumps- i love them.  i am always amazed at how a woman's body can adapt to grow a baby (or two or more!)and then come back to baseline.  you did a great job growing your girls, jodi! and a an amazing job on yourself! good for you!

also, i have always LOVED halloween.  not even for the candy, but because of the smell of burning leaves, the crisp fall night, little kids dressed up, grownup halloween parties. love it all.  now that i have two little ones, we do go trick or treating and they do get tons of candy.  they eat it when they come home, 4 or 5 pieces, then i donate most of it to their schools to go overseas to our troops.  I do have some for them still, and i do dip in.  Cinwa, I like your nutritionist's suggestion to not have any chocolate/candy till goal.  That delay tactic worked for me with quitting smoking.  I quit when I got pregnant with my first son and stayed quit after he was born because he was an avid breastfeeder- he was weaned about 26 months after he was born.  So that's about 3 years of not smoking.  I still miss the thought of smoking, once in a while i smell a freshly lit cigarette and sigh.  But I won't ever re-start.  It was too hard to quit so many times before. The three years was the longest I'd ever gone, so I kept going (i'm almost 9 years quit now!)  I am debating what to do about sweets, which are my downfall.  This may be the answer.