BariatricBro

Sincere Apologies

Hey TT,

Some of you may have seen that I posted a link to a GoFundMe campaign that I had put out there that was gathering funds to send gifts/supplies to random people as a "surprise and delight" when they woke up from surgery or during their first weeks after surgery--whether it was a book, some flowers, a magazine, or just some supplies when they were in need or just a pick me up to say "hey, we're thinking about you!" This was against the Community Policy and was removed, which makes sense. Blanket rules.

That was/is the intention of the GoFundMe campaign. I know these campaigns can be abused, I've seen them happen, and I sincerely apologize to anyone who was offended by me posting it on here. I realize everyone is in different situations but wanted to make it clear on my end, that this was not a cash grab for myself or a specific person or to support a cause--simply to give someone a bit of sunshine when they wake up from their surgery or their first week at home.

-BariatricBro

Edited by BariatricBro

it's fine, dude. just - rules are rules. it's not allowed here - that's from the higher ups.

i got called out on it when i was pre-op. no worries.

I think it was a lovely thought. Sorry it isn't going to work out.

If anyone feels like funding me, just wire it direct...   :lol:

We are still pressing forward with sending out the care packages just funded by me personally initially. So, if anyone on this forum would like a few items to tide them by week one post-op:

-Chapstick, Breath Strips, Vitamins, Flavored Packs for Water, Hand Sanitzier, a Pill Box, Powder Soup Packets, Tissues, Lotion, a Sudoku/Puzzle book, Gas X Strips, etc. Send me a PM. We are working with a few sponsors to try and get some samples also.

Simple requirement on your end is to post a picture on here when you're well and able to do so. 

Just incase there is any confusion, this is a free service, not a subscription box. 

Edited by BariatricBro

If anyone feels like funding me, just wire it direct...   :lol:

Sure thing. Just send me a PM with your bank account info, social security number, and we should be good to go. :D

BB - Your heart is in the right place.  It's unfortunate there are people in this world that take advantage of sites that are set up to help people in need.  There needs to be more kind people like you!!

BB - Your heart is in the right place.  It's unfortunate there are people in this world that take advantage of sites that are set up to help people in need.  There needs to be more kind people like you!!

Thank you Kindred71. This. This is exactly what I needed to hear right now. It puts me in a much better mood and perspective as my partner on this mission and I head out to do this. You have completely reset me on this this morning.

I very much appreciate it.

I think it was a lovely thought. Sorry it isn't going to work out.

Thank you. It will work out, it just won't be on this platform at this time.