November surgery buddies.

Hi November sleevers.

I'm booked in to be sleeved on the 25th of November. Are there any other November sleeves who would like a surgery buddy/buddies? We can count down the weeks, support each other during the pre op process and cheer each other on post op. :)

A little bit about myself. I'm 31, and I live in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. I have an 8 month old daughter and I work in HR. I love hiking and when I reach my goal weight I want to celebrate by completing the Kokoda Trail in PNG. :) 

Hi there. I'm not a November sleeve, but thought I'd pop in and say hello. You may be the only person on the site with surgery that week. Most people here are in the US, and our Thanksgiving holiday is that week. Just about everybody takes off Thurs-Fri (if not the whole week), so I doubt many surgeons here will perform a surgery that will put a patient in the hospital those days.

Looks like you're about three hours from the sinkhole at the Inskip Point campground. It's remarkable that nobody got hurt. 

My daughter started college this year, and I'm encouraging her to study abroad one semester. One of the schools her university has a reciprocal arrangement with is in Brisbane, and it would be nice for her to go where there is no language barrier. We'll see what happens.

Anyway, good luck with your surgery. I'm almost threemonths post-op and doing great. I wish the same for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Brooklyn - do you have a pre-op liquid diet requirement? 

• 2 weeks later...

November 5th for me.  Just started 2 weeks of clear liquids, protein shakes and non-starching vegetables.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!   Feeling very calm.    Something must be very wrong here.

Surgery was yesterday. Feeling pretty good.  Very thirsty. Ice chips yesterday. Water after midnight. Waiting for a tray of assorted  clear liquids.  Darling husband spent the night with me.

Marytmouse - happy to hear you're doing so well. 

• 2 months later...

Hi November sleevers.

I'm booked in to be sleeved on the 25th of November. Are there any other November sleeves who would like a surgery buddy/buddies? We can count down the weeks, support each other during the pre op process and cheer each other on post op. :)

A little bit about myself. I'm 31, and I live in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. I have an 8 month old daughter and I work in HR. I love hiking and when I reach my goal weight I want to celebrate by completing the Kokoda Trail in PNG. :) 

Belated hello, to all my fellow November babies!  I had a gastric bypass on 19 November  :)  How is everyone's recovery going?  

Edited by garnet dreams