Darmar

Systemic Candida Yeast Infection

12 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

Wow, @Aussie Bear

How are you feeling?  Any relief yet?

Unfortunately each day the oral thrush seems to be getting worse despite following all the directions I've been given to the "T". I really do believe it's possible that I'm coughing this up into my mouth from my lungs. According to the Dr I saw the oral treatment breaks down as soon as it comes into contact with stomach acid. All I can do for now is keep doing what I am. I'm pretty sure I'm not cross contaminating via my hands as they're constantly being washed, and I'm changing towels etc with each use. I'm almost living on probiotics and yoghurt. All I can really do now is try to keep it from getting any worse until I see the surgeon in 8 days.

I am so sorry for you, Aussie. Do you feel pretty confident that your surgeon will be able to help you? I hope so. I can only imagine how miserable you must be.

Do you have any applicators for the oral thrush? The look kind of like straws with a sponge on one end. My husband was on a ventilator years ago and got thrush. Seems like we used those swabs to swab his mouth with something very often.

1 hour ago, Aussie Bear said:

Unfortunately each day the oral thrush seems to be getting worse despite following all the directions I've been given to the "T". I really do believe it's possible that I'm coughing this up into my mouth from my lungs. According to the Dr I saw the oral treatment breaks down as soon as it comes into contact with stomach acid. All I can do for now is keep doing what I am. I'm pretty sure I'm not cross contaminating via my hands as they're constantly being washed, and I'm changing towels etc with each use. I'm almost living on probiotics and yoghurt. All I can really do now is try to keep it from getting any worse until I see the surgeon in 8 days.

oh my goodness....what an ordeal!  I hope you get relief soon

I have no words of wisdom Aussie - I'm truly sorry you're going through such an awful time.  

@Aussie Bear, I'm so sorry you are going through this :( I've never had thrush luckily, but I used to suffer terribly with skin and vaginal yeast infections when my blood sugars were out of control. I can only imagine how you must be suffering. Gentle hugs coming to you.