chonce

Got a surgery date

Hello everyone! This past Friday I completed my 3 month mandatory diet by the insurance, lost the 50lbs (well, I lost 48lbs but close enough) the doctor asked, and got a surgery date: October 27th. It's scheduled only 5 days after my 20th birthday, but this surgery means more to me than being able to have cake on my birthday lol. I have to lose 15 more pounds by October 8th just to be safe and I'm really feeling the pressure, but I'm trying. Just joined here to talk to others who are in/have been in the same situation, so hello!

Congratulations on your date very exciting time best to you !

Congrats on your surgery date.  Time will fly now you've got your date.  Feel free to ask any questions here, I've found people here to very helpful

Congratulations on making the choice to live a healthier life and acting on it at such a young age. You have your whole (longer, healthier) life ahead of you. Welcome.

Welcome, great to have you here with us and can't wait to welcome you to the losers bench.

Welcome to T-T chonce and congratulations on losing your first 48lb.  You're off to a great start!

Congratulations! The last month goes by so fast! 

Welcome and congratulations on your new life!

Thank you everyone. I really hope you're all right about the last month going fast lol, I'm very excited!

Congratulations on your surgery date!  My surgery is Oct. 20th.  Do you have to do the 2 wk. liquid diet prior to surgery.  I have to drink 2 protein shakes a day and I get a small Atkins type meal for dinner.  That's not bad at all.  Good luck to you.  

Thindom, I do not have to do a 2 week liquid diet before surgery, just a 3 day one. I guess I'm lucky! I'm not sure if it's because you're getting a sleeve and I'm (hopefully, if insurance approves me :unsure:) getting a bypass, or if it's just the difference between our doctors' standard pre-op requirements though.

My surgery was August 26th. My pre diet was 3 week "liver shrinking diet " basically how I was eating on my 6 month supervised diet per insurance. ..... fruit, veggies,  lean meats, yougart, protein drinks just stay away from carbs. Day before surgery liquid only diet that consisted of fruit juice,  protein shakes, v8, popsicles,  soups,  broth, Gatorade etc..... all day no minimum.