Buffalo Dan

Hello, first timer here

Had bypass 8 years ago... Great success lost 210 lbs. gained 100 back. I'm looking into revision, but the first look is making me nervous. Looks like the Dr will reroute the intestine again, close to the exit which may, probably affect quality of life concerns. Are there other options? Two knee surgeries make exercise hard, and emotional stress triggered the bounce back. 

I would get on the internet and read everything you can about revisions. Also it would be prudent to visit several surgeons. Look up reviews for the surgeons you are interested in on line. That's how I found my bariatric surgeon, he had 5 out of 5 stars. I found out he had performed over 2,000 bariatric surgeries and never lost a single patient. I was confident he was the best surgeon for me! He was WONDERFUL and I couldn't be happier!

Good Luck!

Cheyenne

Definitely do your research.  One question, probably a stupid one.  Have you done a back to basics commitment?  You know, maybe do the 5 day pouch test, look at food logs and see what is derailing you, etc.  just a question.

I'm with PapaG on this one....have you determined exactly why you gained back the 100 pounds?  Have you gone over your eating habits, food log, excercise program, etc with a nut or trainer or counselor to determine where the loopholes may be?  Do you have other medical issues or taking medications that would make you regain or make it difficult to lose?  I certainly don't know the whole story, but just wondering if you've exhausted all other options before going into an even more drastic surgical scenario that, like you said, could have lifelong negative effects.  It may be easier to address the emotional and psychological issues.

i've got a good friend who had bypass 8 years ago, too.  And although she lost all of her excess weight, she had gained back half of it.  When I had my VSG 21 months ago she buckled down with me, went back to basics of eating protein, veggies and getting in more fluids.  She subsequently is back down to within 10 pounds of her lowest weight.  Maybe a WLS support group or buddy could help you get back on track.

What they said.