thornbury150

Denied, Denied - APPROVED!! (CIGNA)

It has taken nearly 10 mths of working to get this surgery approved. I've needed it and qualified for it, with the exception of the length of time I have been fat enough to qualify (I was within 5 lbs...crazy). 

I am at the lower BMI level to be approved with the co-morbidities I have (I have 4).

Some of you may have seen me post on another thread and it's been a while since I've been back...but I wanted to follow up with my experience with Lindstrom WLS Advocates.

They were wonderful. They worked through this entire process, held CIGNA to the laws and the policy, and were able to get it approved on the 2nd Level Appeal thing.

If ever you were thinking of hiring someone to help - they have certainly come through. Kelly called me just wallago to tell me - you are approved. I swear she sounded as teary eyed as I felt!

They are trying to get me in next week, so I won't have to buy another month of COBRA, but might end up being late October. Either way - it's done. It's approved, and it's going to happen (probably why I'm so anxious for next week - get it done before they change their mind!!)

Glad to hear you got your approval.  Congrats.

Glad you hung in there - I was denied 3 times before I got an approval - and it was the very best thing I have ever done for me!!!

I remember when you were first denied.  Glad to see your persistence has finally paid off.  :D

Great news!

Fab darling. Just fab

CONGRATS!!!!!!! all the best to smooth sailing from here on out! xo