BariatricBro

The Pitfalls of Snacking

I wrote a blogpost about my struggles with snacking and perception of what a snack is. I think that this happen(s) or happened to a lot of us. It's still something that I deal with on a daily basis. Wanting to sneak the leftovers in the middle of the night, etc. The post helped me get my emotions out there and really face the reality of what it means to really give up the abuse I was doing to myself.

http://www.bariatricbro.com/bariatric-bro-blog/2015/9/14/snacking-we-are-never-ever-ever-getting-back-together

*Quick note, my site is not ad-sponsored, ad-generated, or tied to any organization. I pay the server fees, etc. It's simply my personal blog pre and post WLS journey.*

Edited by BariatricBro

You are a very good writer, and I appreciate anyone who keeps it real and honest.

But, snacking is not the devil. I always snack between meals - eating every few hours keeps your metabolism engaged, and I need the calories to fuel my workouts. It's just a matter of choosing what to eat for snacks. Smaller, frequent meals seem to be the way to go for me.

You are a very good writer, and I appreciate anyone who keeps it real and honest.

But, snacking is not the devil. I always snack between meals - eating every few hours keeps your metabolism engaged, and I need the calories to fuel my workouts. It's just a matter of choosing what to eat for snacks. Smaller, frequent meals seem to be the way to go for me.

Aw, shucks. Thanks  :wub: .

I think for me, personally, as the blog kind of went into depth, it's my personal weakness since I was a kid. I mean, portion control obviously too, but changing my notion of what's a "snack" and what'a a "meal" was part of the problem (ex: is eating a leftover chicken leg healthier than a pack of sugary fruit snacks? Sure, but calorically probably not).

So, not the devil per say, but definitely something that's been my personal achilles heel for the past 19 or years or so. But everyone is different and that's what makes sharing our stories the beauty of being on TT!