MissMichelle

Frustration

Morning everyone,

Today I go see my PCP for my medical clearance to have surgery, because after nit-picking (and missing a lot of info that was included the first look through) my medical file that was submitted to insurance, BCBS decided I needed medical clearance.

In trying to be pro-active, I just called BCBS to make sure that medical clearance was the last bit of information they need, the representative says I'm not sure that's all they need. It's in the stack for management approval. I asked if there was a way she could look to see if the clearance was all that was missing and how long it would take for that to be approved and am told, I really am not sure about that. What the heck? 

I just needed to vent a little. Thanks for reading/listening. I'm sure it will all work out.

We dont live in the same state so idk how different bcbs state to state... but they approved me within a week. good luck. im sure itll be just fine!

Oh no! I'm so sorry! I saw your other post and thought you were totally appoved and ready to go??

From what the scheduler told me all they needed was the medical clearance from my PCP and it should be a day or two. I just got frustrated by the less than helpful customer service representative I had the pleasure of speaking to.

The coordinator doesn't want to reschedule until the week before. She said she is confident that we will have a full approval by Monday.

That is so frustrating! I'm sorry this is happening seems there is always a little something or last minute Suprise with insurances..... I'm going to say a prayer for you that everything falls into place real soon.

Sorry you're going through this.  Best not to expect insurance people to be helpful. The people you get on the phone are generally just call center folks that only recite what they read on a screen, they have no power or ability to look at any more than general status, etc.  Its very difficult to talk to someone that is really useful.

Medical clearance is needed prior to major surgery for your safety.

I'm approved! It's finally official!!!!! Surgery 9/29 @ 10:30 am!

Q

Edited by nofearonlyheart

Hoorah!!