When did everyone start drinking tea and/or coffee?

I was drinking decaf tea from the day I got home.  That counted as liquid.

I had my first decaf coffee before the week was out but I wish I'd bothered to find a decent decaf before surgery (if such a thing exists) at the end of week one.  I still drink decaf coffee for the most part.

As per surgeon, 3 months after surgery I could have tea or coffee with caffeine.

Decaf tea or coffee was permitted right away. Served decaf tea in hospital.

Warm beverages were great, chicken broth , diet hot chocolate were all bonuses. Surgery was in January and thanks to my husband who is as tight as Fred Mertz , I was always cold. Warm beverages including strained cream soups were wonderful. I did add protein powder to the soups to get a double bonus.

Edited by Spunkycat

I was allowed decaf tea right away, started drinking decaf coffee about 4 weeks out but gives me horrible heartburn :(

I was drinking decaf tea from the day I got home. That counted as liquid.

I had my first decaf coffee before the week was out but I wish I'd bothered to find a decent decaf before surgery (if such a thing exists) at the end of week one. I still drink decaf coffee for the most part.

Peet's Major Dickason blend is my favorite decaf!

Decaf coffee and tea were on my approved list from the beginning, and was allowed to switch to regular as soon as I was reliably getting in my 64 oz of fluid daily.  I think I was about 2 weeks post-op when I started doing 1/2-caf and then by 6 weeks was back to regular.  Every program is different though, so you should make sure you're following the guidelines approved by your team.

Within the first 2 weeks.  I had coffee with caffine.  No problems at all.

I switch from regular coffee that I had been drinking for about 50 years to decaffeinated green tea when I started pre-op diet May 13 . I have actually have gotten to like it and drink two to three 20 oz mugs a day .

Started drinking decaf about 6 weeks out with no issues.  But check with your program to see what they recommend.

The program I belong to recommends no caffeine ever,  but decaf coffee and herbal tea were ok starting right after surgery.  Check your guidelines or get in touch with your NUT.

My surgeon gave me the go ahead when I was 6 weeks out.  I have 12-16 oz (coffee) each morning with no trouble.

I started drinking coffee at about 6 months, but sometimes I go years without it. That's always been my M.O.

Technically regular coffee was okay on my plan after 7 weeks, but my surgeon okayed it after 4 weeks and I didn't have a problem.  

I just started coffee, 5 1/2 weeks post op, & it's totally fine. I've developed a problem with dairy since surgery, so I use a soy creamer, but have had no issues whatsoever. It makes me very happy lol

My doc was okay with it in moderation whenever I felt ready but told me to make sure I got plenty of other liquids in combination.

I was a huge coffee drinker before surgery. One of those crazies at Starbucks at 5 am! I had surgery 14 months ago and just started drinking coffee... Until now I hadn't had a taste for it... Weird