Forward to Health

So what is ten pounds to you?

Have you ever visualized what your weightloss looks like in common, everyday things?

Challenge: take the weight you have lost and find a common everyday thing that weighs the same....

I will go first: I am about 10 pounds out. That is:

2 bags of sugar

10 boxes of butter

A really nice sized cat

Hmmmm. I had no idea I had been carrying 10 boxes of butter with me wherever I went.... I think I will weigh my son's backpack....maybe someday I'll lose that much weight. I wonder how many encyclopedias I have lost....or if I have reached the weight of his Biology book yet.....lol

So what's your commonplace thing? What have you lost?

there's a website that will come up with things for you. someone posted it a while back. www.ilostwhat.com

according to it, i've lost 10 gallons of water. sheesh.

there's a website that will come up with things for you. someone posted it a while back. www.ilostwhat.com

according to it, i've lost 10 gallons of water. sheesh.

Holy cow! We buy bottled water (please don't tell me why that is bad, silly or good....) in town-- and bring home 6 at a time. The most I carry from the car is 2 gallons in each hand....(send the boys out for the rest)--i have bought 10 gallons at a time before a hurricane-so I have a visual of what that looks like in the buggy and in the back of my car!

Wow!

10 pounds is the difference between a size 8 and size 12

Karen, what about you--what thing have you lost!!!!!

According to the above site, I've lost a 2 month old HORSE!!!  Holy moly :)

Mary-as cute and adorable as baby horses are (i have only seen babies on Facebook, but they are soooooo cute)-who the heck wants one as a backpack!

Great job on making that baby walk for himself!

in total, i have LOST altogether over the past 5 years     84 pounds  =   1 average well fed 6th grader

I hope that kid never comes back to sell me girl scout cookies

Edited by KarensTurn

Newer Refrigerators

Refrigerators that were built after around 1995 will be lighter, and often feature removable parts that can be unscrewed prior to lifting. The average refrigerator from this age will weigh a little more than 200 pounds, which is equal to 90 to 91 kilograms.

That is what I have lost.  A fridge.

I've lost my 5'11" tall, 21 year old daughter, 145 pounds.  I had her jump on my back at the beach a few weeks ago and could seriously only take 2 steps.  My knees felt like they were going to buckle and I was out of breath, in 2 steps!  Crazy!

According to www.ilostwhat.com I have lost a bald eagle!  :lol:  I prefer to think of it as a 3 month old baby! Or almost 2 gallons of milk.  ;)

in total, i have LOST altogether over the past 5 years 84 pounds = 1 average well fed 6th grader

I hope that kid never comes back to sell me girl scout cookies

This is hilarious Karen!!

I've lost 359 ninja stars...but I have no idea what that is

I've lost a 2 month old horse AND a baby elephant's heart!!!???  

Then again, I need to lose a four year old child to reach goal.  

Interesting way to think about this!!!

The online tool only goes to 100 pounds, and I've lost 102. Enter 51, and I get a twin mattress and box springs. Double that would be about a king size mattress and box springs. Ouch.

As for 10 pounds, I dunno. I think in bigger increments.

I love that website, I've lost 2 two month old horses and a 140 quarter pounders.  Always makes me laugh.

Moose's antler's lol

I don't know about 10 lbs but I know my excess weight is like carrying around 12 gallon sized jugs of water at all times. I'd like to loose a cat or ten lol.

Did you ever pick up a 50lb bag of dog food? Next time you're in Walmart try to pick one up. It's VERY HEAVY. Well I lost four 50lb bags and a 20lb bag! It's mind boggling!!!

Cheyenne

Did you ever pick up a 50lb bag of dog food? Next time you're in Walmart try to pick one up. It's VERY HEAVY. Well I lost four 50lb bags and a 20lb bag! It's mind boggling!!!

Cheyenne

I'm sure that was a lot of hard work. I only hope I can be as sucessful as you! Good job lady!

20 years ago when I had lost 80 pounds, I picked up my two youngest daughters who weighed a total of 80 pounds at the time. I carried them upstairs and couldn't get over how much effort it took.

Cheyenne

Mind blowing!!

This is fun! I think i am going to grab a royalty free picture of something that is 10 pouns and use it for my avatar until i become something in the 20 pound range.....

Hmmmmmm it will probably be easier to find a picture of a cat than 10 boxes of butter......

Anyone wanna play?