Food of the Day (pictured)

Lunch for tomorrow.

Italian Pesto Cod over a bed of garlic sautéed carrots and mixed beans. 

image.jpeg

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am having my favorite lunch today .2 oz of taco meat made with 90/10, 1/2 cup of lettuce , 1 oz of cheese ...2 cherry tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of homemade guacamole ...I forgot my salsa today or t

Great idea, Jolls! This will be fun. I made this recipe last weekend and it was a big hit. In all honesty, I don't cook very often, and we go out yo eat a lot. But when I do, it's yummy! This was ch

Can't get enough. Lunch had leftover ribeye and smoked Gouda, with a side of cottage cheese.

Posted Images

Pineapple Mango Mahi Mahi over mixed veg and a few sweet potatoes.

image.jpeg

Fluffy Keto Pancake, 1/2 Tbs PB, sugar free syrup, 2 pc bacon.

Pancake:  105 cal  8 fat  3.5 carb  1 fiber  4 prot

http://www.tryketowith.me/2015/08/01/the-only-keto-pancakewaffle-recipe-i-need/

01ed478a457f8bac294f428c837cb399682de0730f.jpg

6 hours ago, Jolls said:

Fluffy Keto Pancake, 1/2 Tbs PB, sugar free syrup, 2 pc bacon.

Pancake:  105 cal  8 fat  3.5 carb  1 fiber  4 prot

http://www.tryketowith.me/2015/08/01/the-only-keto-pancakewaffle-recipe-i-need/

01ed478a457f8bac294f428c837cb399682de0730f.jpg

Literally made me drool lol

Tomorrows lunch.  Grilled chicken breast in a Thai Chilli sauce over mixed Asian veggies sautéed in minced garlic.

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, KMFL28 said:

Pork loin and brussel sprouts, 3 oz each. I couldn't finish the sprouts. It was very tasty!

IMG_20160718_181924897.jpg

Right up my alley. Looks like something I'd cook. :) 

Taco!   Shell is made from a piece of provolone cheese.  That is all.  Bake the round slice till the color desired (about 15 min), lay it over the edge of a bread baking dish - or some sort of edge so it can 'mold' as it cools (thus hardens).  Two of these with a total of about 1/3 c beef/pork taco meat, bit of sour cream, bit of guac, bit of salsa, couple cherry tomatoes.   DELISIOUS!  In hindsite it was kind of dumb to add a little shredded cheese to this since the shell is all cheese; but it seems so wrong not to have shredded cheese on a taco!    2 tacos:   327cal   23 prot  6 carb  4 fiber  21 fat

0111d5046d934fa0fafdc03678fe641819222fa5d9.jpg

2 hours ago, Jolls said:

Taco!   Shell is made from a piece of provolone cheese.  That is all.  Bake the round slice till the color desired (about 15 min), lay it over the edge of a bread baking dish - or some sort of edge so it can 'mold' as it cools (thus hardens).  Two of these with a total of about 1/3 c beef/pork taco meat, bit of sour cream, bit of guac, bit of salsa, couple cherry tomatoes.   DELISIOUS!  In hindsite it was kind of dumb to add a little shredded cheese to this since the shell is all cheese; but it seems so wrong not to have shredded cheese on a taco!    2 tacos:   327cal   23 prot  6 carb  4 fiber  21 fat

0111d5046d934fa0fafdc03678fe641819222fa5d9.jpg

Um, yummy!!! I never seem to have luck with baking cheese. Even with parchment paper. I always screw it up. I'm going to retry. I'm getting kinda sick of "taco salads". 

1 hour ago, Clickin said:

Um, yummy!!! I never seem to have luck with baking cheese. Even with parchment paper. I always screw it up. I'm going to retry. I'm getting kinda sick of "taco salads". 

For me it always worked better to pan-fry the cheese. I used to make these during my low-carb days. Cook on a med-high heat and be patient. I always preferred to use cheddar. It's good to know provolone works too, might be great as a pizza crust!

I lightly sprayed the parchment paper as well -  was no issues at all taking off....slide right off.  Getting it to stay on the edge of a bread pan to "mold" though without burning myself and before it cooled off too much is a different story!

2 hours ago, Jolls said:

I lightly sprayed the parchment paper as well -  was no issues at all taking off....slide right off.  Getting it to stay on the edge of a bread pan to "mold" though without burning myself and before it cooled off too much is a different story!

What brand of provolone? if you were to buy say 8oz chub and asked a deli to slice it how may slices do you think?

On May 3, 2016 at 0:01 AM, JulieW said:

2 oz steak and my yummy corn-tomato-avocado salad (1/3 c) on a dessert plate. 

image.jpeg

So help me understand. I'm on the liquid post op, so I haven't eaten in a bit. How long, generally speaking, would it take you to consume a meal like this? Looks good but so tiny.

4 hours ago, Kimchan said:

So help me understand. I'm on the liquid post op, so I haven't eaten in a bit. How long, generally speaking, would it take you to consume a meal like this? Looks good but so tiny.

Everyone is different but for me, it took around 6 months to enjoy dense meat like this steak or chicken, ribs, etc. (and I usually eat meat with a sauce) This is my same portion today at 16 months post surgery. 2-2.5 ounces of meat with a 1/4 cup of salad or vegetable is all I can eat. 

2 hours ago, JulieW said:

Everyone is different but for me, it took around 6 months to enjoy dense meat like this steak or chicken, ribs, etc. (and I usually eat meat with a sauce) This is my same portion today at 16 months post surgery. 2-2.5 ounces of meat with a 1/4 cup of salad or vegetable is all I can eat. 

Ok, but I'm wondering how long in general, it would take you to eat the whole thing. With the slow chewing and everything, is this a half hour meal or more like 15 minutes? I have no clue...

I never chewed my food differently after surgery. I've always been a slow eater and never took huge bites so it wasn't an issue for me. I'd say on average it's around 20 minutes, sometimes 25 when a piece of meat is dense. Hope that helps!

22 hours ago, Jolls said:

That looks awesome Jolls!  Sometimes I miss the container for tacos, be it a tortilla or shell.  I'm gonna give this a try.  

I didn't get a picture and am kicking myself because it was super pretty. 

I made chicken "stuffed" mini peppers. I used red, orange and yellow pepper. I steamed them until soft. Then I used 2oz of leftover shredded chicken from taco night. I added a touch of shredded cotija cheese and cut open peppers, filled them, put rest of cotija cheese on top and zapped under the broiler until bubbly. 

I wasn't satisfied with my calorie/protein count today so I soft poached an egg put it on top with a tbsp of salsa. 

204 calories

15 protein

9 fat

7 carb 

image.png

Caribbean Jerk Chicken breast over fajita mix of bell peppers, onions and mushrooms, on a spinach tortilla.  Didn't finish the tortilla.

image.jpeg

5.5oz Caprese Chicken (chicken breast, bit of Pesto, mozzarella and tomato) and Keto Gnocchi  (no carb 'noodles').   I ate all but 2 bites of chicken and 5 of the gnocchi I couldn't finish either.   "Noodle"....no....  delicious?.... yes!  It tasted like fried cheese curds from the fair except no breading and not fried.   They were really good.

01f645f1df55132b2f1231f081edd6ca5715e44c7d.jpg

19 hours ago, Jolls said:

5.5oz Caprese Chicken (chicken breast, bit of Pesto, mozzarella and tomato) and Keto Gnocchi  (no carb 'noodles').   I ate all but 2 bites of chicken and 5 of the gnocchi I couldn't finish either.   "Noodle"....no....  delicious?.... yes!  It tasted like fried cheese curds from the fair except no breading and not fried.   They were really good.

01f645f1df55132b2f1231f081edd6ca5715e44c7d.jpg

Looks delicious! Can you share the "noodle" recipe?

Its linked to the words Keto Gnocchi in my post.

5 minutes ago, Jolls said:

Its linked to the words Keto Gnocchi in my post.

Ah thanks Jolls!! Sometimes I'm shocked at how technologically challenged I am! Lol

• 1 month later...