HONEY LIME DRESSING
Juice of 1 lime
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp honey
Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
1 clove garlic, minced
Dash of cayenne pepper

DIRECTIONS
Remove husks from corn and grill over medium heat for 10 minutes. The corn should have some brown spots and be tender and not mushy. Cut the corn off the cob then scrape the cob with the back of your knife to get the juices. Set aside and let cool. Slice the tomatoes in half. Dice the avocado and chop the cilantro.
HONEY LIME DRESSING
1. Add all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
2. Combine the sliced tomatoes, avocado, cilantro and grilled corn and honey lime dressing and mix gently so everything is evenly coated. Be careful not to mash the avocados. Let the salad sit for 10-15 minutes to let flavors mingle. Enjoy.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am having my favorite lunch today .2 oz of taco meat made with 90/10, 1/2 cup of lettuce , 1 oz of cheese ...2 cherry tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of homemade guacamole ...I forgot my salsa today or t

Great idea, Jolls! This will be fun. I made this recipe last weekend and it was a big hit. In all honesty, I don't cook very often, and we go out yo eat a lot. But when I do, it's yummy! This was ch

Can't get enough. Lunch had leftover ribeye and smoked Gouda, with a side of cottage cheese.

Posted Images

We have a few tomato, avacado salad variations posted!  Here is my favorite: I'd post a pic if I didn't eat it all already.  I usually make it 2-3x a month though so I will next time.

Tomato-Cucumber-Avocado-Salad made 6/30/15 It was so good!  I served with grilled shrimp and roasted potatoes:

Produce

• 2 minced tbsp 1 handful parsley
  • 1 Avocado
  • 1 Cucumber
  • 2 tbsp Red onion
  • 1 1/2 cups Tomatoes - i used cherry tomatoes

Baking & Spices

• 8 Of black pepper from a pepper mill, twists

Oils & Vinegars

• 2 tbsp Olive oil
  • 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar

Dairy

• 4 oz Feta cheese

Somtime I will add a can of canned chicken to it to make it a meal instead of a side.

Edited by Jolls

Yum Jolls, that looks delish! I make mine at least once a month~I can't seem to get enough of it! The crunch of the corn, creaminess of the avocado and brightness of the dressing is a perfect bite! Oh, and I don't like cilantro so I substitute Italian parsley. 

• 2 weeks later...

3 garlic and lemon sautéed shrimp, 2 butter lettuce leaves,blue cheese crumbles, sliced almonds and balsamic vinegar on a dessert plate. 

image.jpeg

Schwan's Orange Roughy filet and a liberal 1/2 cup of edamame/Schwan's corn - all done on the grill.  I liked it so much I made it for lunch today (on the grill) as well even though it is pouring out!  Have one of those mesh baskets to do veggies on the grill so I did the fish on it too, so its not directly on the grill grates.

0109f2c61b471227dade4b35e2607985d6042f3893.jpg

Edited by Jolls

Avacado Bacon and Eggs.    I either need larger avacados, or smaller eggs; otherwise have to remove quite a lot of avacado for the egg to fit in fully.  But it works out, I'll use the left ever egg (that baked underneath in the tin) and left over avacado scraping in my salad later.

Here is them prior to baking and how much avacado is left over in the baggie.  Most the egg white spilled over underneath into the tin.

01ace75b8721435157e29092d171bebaafd14d340c.jpg

End yumminess.  I prefer medium yolks so cooked it about 20 min (instead of the 15 it calls for) but in hindsight I think the runny yolk would have complimented it better.

So this in the end was about 3/4 of a medium avacado eaten,  2 eggs (with most the eggwhites spilled over in the pan so not eaten with this), about Tbs of bacon crumbles and a couple Tbs of cheese.

01c1f94afaa8f6c4775e0a71a3d8114a4b0132da71.jpg

I wish I liked avocados. :(

I declared "taco night" for my birthday dinner. It's always a fun spread, and I asked our daughters to invite some of their friends, because we always enjoy having kids over. Anyway, the entree is 3 oz pork taco meat (pork loin with green salsa slow cooked in the crock pot) topped with 1 T guacamole, 1 T pico de gallo, 0.5 T sour cream. The side dish is 1/4 cup chili beans from Aldi's. My husband purees two cans and leaves two cans whole and cooks them down with butter.

Not pictured is the birthday cake (triple chocolate) and ice cream (mint chocolate chip) that I ate later. It was the real thing, and I enjoyed it. Very, very sweet, and not something I would want to eat all the time. First dessert I've had in well over a year.

rsz_20160605_194811.jpg

Happy Birthday Wendy! Your birthday dinner looks yummy and the cake sounds just as yummy! Glad you had a nice time. 

Fajitas! 2oz of chicken, onion, bell pepper, 1 T sour cream, 1 T guacamole, lettuce & taco sauce on a 6"tortilla using a dessert plate. 

image.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I've been leaning towards a more keto approach lately which has been working very well for me.  Here is my nice good fatty - and very filling - lunch.

Pork Rind "Naan Bread",  1.25oz turkey (dark meat),  1/2 avacado mixed with 1/2 Tbs Chipolte Mayo (total spread between all layers), pinch of spinach, 4 cherry tomatoes.

305 cal  24 prot  21 fat  7 carb

014c7ae9c26fec0488ff019f643beb242d53362293.jpg

Pork Rind Naan Bread, 11 protein just in once piece:  https://lowcarblovelies.com/2015/07/31/pimped-pork-rind-oopsie-bread/

10 minutes ago, Jolls said:

I've been leaning towards a more keto approach lately which has been working very well for me.  Here is my nice good fatty - and very filling - lunch.

Pork Rind "Naan Bread",  1.25oz turkey (dark meat),  1/2 avacado mixed with 1/2 Tbs Chipolte Mayo (total spread between all layers), pinch of spinach, 4 cherry tomatoes.

305 cal  24 prot  21 fat  7 carb

014c7ae9c26fec0488ff019f643beb242d53362293.jpg

Pork Rind Naan Bread, 11 protein just in once piece:  https://lowcarblovelies.com/2015/07/31/pimped-pork-rind-oopsie-bread/

This looks yummy! I can't imagine what the 'bread' tastes like though...

There is not a lot of taste actually; although I guess I haven't tried it just by itself.  There is a slight pork rind taste  but there is only 1/2c in 8 pieces  (maybe 10, gave BF a couple of these and I probably could have gotten 2 extra of "my size" from what I dished him).  But I added a bit of cumin and onion powder also;  so additional seasoning would help if you don't like rinds (which I do).

This thread is awesome! Seeing the beautiful presentation of food is great. I find I enjoy the beauty of my plate much more now than I did before. 

Great idea :)

Lamb Chop and Cabbage

100g (3.5 oz) lamb chop, 1/2C (dry) cabbage and carrot sauteed  with a little garlic, tomato ketchup: I ate a little over half the chop - the fatty part is too hard for me to manage. Very filing. Note this is a entre plate. The whole chop is about size of my palm

IMAG0065.jpg

Edited by wendysal
plate size addded

Garlic and Onion Teriyaki Glazed Mahi Mahi over a bed of whole grains, edamame, carrots and red peppers.

image.jpeg

Breakfast: 1/2C skim yogurt, 1 tsp maple syrup, a few pistachios in a ramekin

Dinner: 2 oz yearling steak - cooked on a frying pan with 1/2 a small mushroom, mixed lettuce from my garden, 1TBSP Mongolian sauce on a entree plate

13620965_10154247654932092_453062129478440366_n.jpg

13592593_10154247650522092_4498615481592234855_n.jpg

5 hours ago, wendysal said:

Breakfast: 1/2C skim yogurt, 1 tsp maple syrup, a few pistachios in a ramekin

Dinner: 2 oz yearling steak - cooked on a frying pan with 1/2 a small mushroom, mixed lettuce from my garden, 1TBSP Mongolian sauce on a entree plate

13620965_10154247654932092_453062129478440366_n.jpg

13592593_10154247650522092_4498615481592234855_n.jpg

Looks fresh and delicious!

Yummy meal ready in under five minutes. Kirkwood (Aldi's) chicken spinach feta sausage (45 seconds on half power) and fresh asparagus (1.5 min on full power). Voila, dinner. Note the full size plate to accommodate the length of the asparagus. White space doesn't bother me.

rsz_20160711_194131.jpg