Becca28

Surgery date is 9/22

Thank u Spunkycat

Can they do it remotely? Some clinics can let you pick up the gear, sleep at home, and return it the next day for evaluation?

That's a good idea. I'll ask. Thank you

Best of luck to you and welcome! can't wait till i can post that i have a date! i keep seeing "sip sip sip walk walk walk" so that's what i'll say to you  :P

They won't let me take equipment home and do it. I guess I'll just take a little Benadryl to help with the anxiety. It's funny how the sleep study stuff is stressing me but I have no worries at all about the surgery. Bellamoma, thank u! Please do keep reminding me to sip sip sip walk walk walk. And let me know when u get your date.

i am personally so annoyed by the sleep study stuff.  even if you do have apnea, it will resolve after the surgery.  but it is what it is.  I have to get one too.  I had one years ago and those probes they put on your head and face killed me! i have super thick hair and that goo they use to stick the things on is no joke.  i barely slept either.  i'm not looking forward to another sleep study AT ALL but i'll do whatever it takes to get this done.  i will let you know when i get a date.  best of luck to you! xo

Hi Everyone! Just wanting to introduce myself as well!  I am JoAnne! Surgery date 10/16!

Time is flying  :wub:

Welcome JoAnne to TT and your new life journey !

Welcome JoAnne! This is the best place for support and to learn. Bellamoma, I feel for you. Hate hate hate trying to sleep somewhere strange and all those wires.......Ugh!

Try getting a 2 year old to do a sleep study. That was brutal, but the ENT required one before putting my little guy under general anesthesia to get his tonsils and adenoids out. She wants us to do a follow-up study to demonstrate that his sleep apnea has improved. I'm thinking that's not gonna happen.

Oh, that's horrible! I don't see how the two of you got through the night. I'd never heard of anyone requiring that before surgery before now. And I've had two surgeries and quite a few procedures. Never had a problem with my O2 sat. But I keep trying to wear the mask at night. I'm not going to be well-rested before surgery. I have a feeling I'm not going to sleep good for a while after surgery either. I'm a stomach sleeper. Lol. But, it's all worth it to get healthy.

I did it! I made it through the sleep titration study. And I even got a few hours of sleep in. Now that I know I can sleep with the mask I'm going to do my best to be compliant until my surgery date...and maybe a few days after that. I know it will definitely help expand my lungs. Lol. The pressure is so hard to get used to breathing against. The tech was very understanding and put the setting on bi-pap so I could breathe out a little easier. I'm going to have to figure out how to adjust my machine for that. Just a few more days before the big day. I'm getting excited again!

:(I don't know what they did to the site during maintenance yesterday but it's hard to maneuver around now on my phone and I hardly ever use my laptop. It's too bulky and heavy. 

I miss seeing everyone's stats and trackers and when/what kind of surgery they had. :(

Stressing out today. Had to do a sleep study because of my age. My husband started a fight with me right before I went in about finances and got me upset. I don't sleep well in strange places as it is. I have mild ptsd from an incident years ago and having all those wires attached to me was the same as being tied up. I couldn't sleep that night with all the pressure on me, knowing that surgery was riding on my being able to sleep and that I would never be able to afford the surgery again if it got put off. I ended up staying awake that night and crying toward morning. The attendant ended up putting my bed up into an upright sitting position and after I quit crying I finally dozed off 45 minutes before I had to leave. You can guess what happened. My head fell forward. All that did was make it look like I had sleep apnea to the dr who reads the reports. So I ended up having to get a cpap machine. The specialty pharmacy even called to ask if I was sure I wanted to go to the expense of getting a machine since it looked like I didn't have sleep apnea to them from the report. I told them I needed to do it for the surgery. And I can understand why my surgeon wants me to have it the day of surgery too. As it's an outpatient clinic where the surgery will be, they want to make sure my O2 sat is high enough to discharge me. So I've tried to put the best face on it and I researched masks that are not as restricting, got my machine and mask and have been trying to get used to wearing it. But I have to go for a sleep titration. That's another night of stress and being tied up. I was going to take my daughter with me that night to help me keep calm but she's only 16 and they won't let her stay. Have to be 18. So here I am, afraid I won't be able to sleep and scared they won't be able to do what they need to do. I don't know if I should take a little Benadryl with me to help me sleep or what. The technician last time was willing to let me take ibuprofen but I left it in my car and couldn't go out. I forgot to mention also that I had an earache that went down into my throat the night of the first test. Thought it was from a skin infection in my ear. Turns out it wasn''t. Ended up being sinusitis and pharyngitis. What to do? What to do?

The sleep study is a necessary evil many of us have to go through.  Best solace I can offer is that the need for CPAP often goes away after losing weight.  I was able to get rid of mine quickly after surgery, I hope that is case for you as well.

Thank you PapaG. That night at the sleep study I had a breakthrough and was able to sleep with the mask. If I could do it then, I can keep doing it until I don't need it. I'm on day 8 of my preop diet and it feels like my emotions are out of whack. I've been weepy today and I don't know why. I've lost 15lbs since I started on 8/4. Could that have something to do with my emotions? I read somewhere that estrogen gets released from the fat as you lose weight. 

5 more days until we head to Dallas and 6 days until surgery. Getting antsy, waiting. I've gotten all my meds filled and I found some no-salt chicken and beef broth for afterward. And my protein mixes. I bought some low sodium V8 for a change up but don't know how that will go down. 

Your surgery is the same day as my oldest son ( 38 yrs old ) . I wish you a very speedy recovery and you will be home before you know it . 

Thank you! I'm going to sip sip sip walk walk walk. I hope your son comes through with flying colors and no discomfort. 

Just wanted to welcome you......:D

Thank you :)

I am sorry for all of your recent problems, but hang in there.  In a few days you will be post-surgery and watching all the weight fall off you week after week. 

Extra for marrying my wonderful spouse, having weight loss surgery was the smartest decision of my life.

Yesterday I was notified that they moved my surgery to a different hospital in a different city and that I needed to change my reservations. Spent all day looking for a hotel. Finally gave up and let my husband look. He found one right away. 

Gotta keep a sense of humor. :-D

Cant wait until I'm on the losers bench!

Just want to thank everyone for their encouragement 

Losers bench is a great place to be. I am so happy to be on it. I feel so much better. My health gets better everyday. My energy level goes up also