So sorry, this may be TMI, but does anyone have a good suggestion on a stool softener or laxative that is ok to use with my sleeve? It's starting to get painful over here lol

I personally stay away from the liquid laxatives... they just taste horrid. If I'm having problems I use an otc gel cap stool softener from walmart. their equate brand. 

Maybe think about benefiber or some other fiber supplement that mixes into water or a drink?

I take a probiotic every day.  I use the whole foods brand one called 365 and it's tiny (like smaller than a pea).  My Dr ok'd this after the first week of surgery and thank goodness I've never had an issue.

I use fiber gummies and probiotic gummies.

Some people drink smooth move tea.

Check with your surgeon first though to re what he/ she recommends.

You can search the forums for many threads on constipation! There are lots of poop discussions.

That said, milk of magnesia, enemas, ex lax. Don't let it go too long.

Miralax. Lots of water. 

I had to resort to a suppository about 9 days out. I was on pain meds for 2+ weeks. I took Benefiber for a bit. Now I'm eating 2 prunes every morning with my egg whites. Working like a charm.

Edited by CollinK

I took Milk of Magnesia, miralax, dulcolax, benefiber, Metamucil and smooth move tea but still had rock hard stools only every 3-4 days.

Insoluble fiber is the only thing that has worked long term for me. I add apple fiber and ground flax seed to my protein smoothies and I now have nice, soft daily stools.

I use Benefiber My colon surgeon says that is the only thing his patients seem to be able to use on a routine basis.

benefiber was recommended to me as it doesn't swell like metamucil

Miralax. I have this problem with no surgery. ... only thing I will put in my body nothing else works quite like miralax all it does it put water in the bowels it's safe and very effective. I started using before surgery, I'm now a week and a half out and have had zero problems.

So sorry, this may be TMI, but does anyone have a good suggestion on a stool softener or laxative that is ok to use with my sleeve? It's starting to get painful over here lol

I was told to take Miralax right after surgery but it made me want to vomit! I mix Benefiber (the tasteless and non-caking one) in my water each day and it helps in that department and you can't even taste it!! 

Can't stand benefiber.

I have been chewing gummy fiber pills and it helps. Started with 2 and needed 4/day. I also pop some probiotic gummies e dry day.

I do not poop like I used to. However the fiber gummies have really helped. Now I am pretty regular going every 2 to 3 days and I have not had to resort to enemas or suppositories. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

MOM 1tablespoon. Works in 6 hours