azrngolfer

My surgery is approved!

Hello.  My name is Dawn.  I am using this forum to document my WLS journey, so feel free to travel with me, either through my topic posts or my blog on here......  I am sure to need your support and experiences at some point!

I just received a letter from my insurance saying that my surgery is approved, so now I wait for the surgery scheduler to call and tell me the next steps and give me a date...... so excited I cannot stand it!

Thank you!  Absorbing all the knowledge I can from all of you inspirational people.  I am excited to take my life back after a devastating injury in 2005 caused me to gain 80 pounds :)

CongratZ and welcome!

I just received a call from the surgery scheduler and my RNY is scheduled for 9/16 -- that is only 2 weeks away!  I just scheduled my 3 preoperative appointments (clearance -- labs, EKG, chest x-ray -- surgery pre-op visit, and preoperative class), which will all be done by next Thursday.  I cannot believe how fast all of this is happening!  I am so excited and even a little nervous.... an excited nervous, not a worried nervous!

WELCOME Dawn!!! CONGRATULATIONS on having your surgery scheduled!

:) A new healthier life awaits you!!!

Cheyenne

Congratulations! I'm 2 weeks post op :-)

Congratulations Dawn on your date and to the beginning to your new life journey !

Congratulations good luck to you . I can't wait to post those words I been approved.

You will only wish like so many of us you had done it earlier, but as the saying goes........ it's never too late to start getting healthy.  I am 66 and had surgery 3 weeks ago yesterday and have lost exactly 20 pounds since 8/10 to today, 9/10. 

Congratulations on your new beginning!

Congrats!

I am 3 months out from surgery and it has been a positive experience for me. Hope it is for you too!