azibclc

Surgery in the morning.....

I don't know if I'm more excited or nervous. Wish me luck. I will update when I can.

So excited for you!!!  Good luck and keep us posted.

Thrilled for you. Please let us know how things go.

Good luck!

Best to you and a speedy recovery !

Sending good vibes for a smooth surgery.

Hope things went well!!

Very exciting day for you! Hope you're in recovery and feeling better soon!!

Exciting!!!

See you on the bench!!

Wishing you a speedy recovery !

Hopefully you're feeling good today. I had mine 12/23 and on xmas was able to go across the street for dinner :)

Hopefully you're feeling good today. I had mine 12/23 and on xmas was able to go across the street for dinner :)

I think you are in the minority on how fast you recovered from plastic surgery. Many people here have had a very different experience. Consider yourself very lucky :)

AZ - I hope you are feeling well and recovering.

Yes,  take it easy,  I know how it changed my life for the better!   

6 hour surgery. Went well. Ended up with an abdominalplasty and bilateral lift. May not need implants. Kind of swollen now, so we'll see. I never had perky breasts before. Surgeon removed 4 lbs of fat. I feel those muscles that are stitched. I have 4 drains and an On Q implanted pump. Pain is bad

Especially breasts, surgeon had to attach to a deep muscle. I'm probably a wus,but I can't imagine doing anything 48 hour post op. I'm woozy just trying to focus on what I'm trying to say.Thanks for your support.

sorry to hear of the pain but happy you've been able to get the surgery! Keep us posted and good luck xo

I think you are in the minority on how fast you recovered from plastic surgery. Many people here have had a very different experience. Consider yourself very lucky :)

AZ - I hope you are feeling well and recovering.

Nothing can be worse than my bypass recovery

6 hour surgery. Went well. Ended up with an abdominalplasty and bilateral lift. May not need implants. Kind of swollen now, so we'll see. I never had perky breasts before. Surgeon removed 4 lbs of fat. I feel those muscles that are stitched. I have 4 drains and an On Q implanted pump. Pain is bad

Especially breasts, surgeon had to attach to a deep muscle. I'm probably a wus,but I can't imagine doing anything 48 hour post op. I'm woozy just trying to focus on what I'm trying to say.Thanks for your support.

I felt way better off the meds. Hopefully you'll be up and about soon, it helped my abs not feel as "locked"

Samma, I do think moving around more is helping, noticeable change from day 2 to 3.Now if I could just go. Tomorrow will be a week. I've been faithfully taking 200 mg docusate sodium when I take my pain meds. I feel like my toughest challenge now (day 4) is manuerving all these drains.

Funny how we are all different, my bypass recovery was a walk in the park compared to this. Only took pain meds once after leaving hospital.

Edited by azibclc

Funny how we are all different, my bypass recovery was a walk in the park compared to this. Only took pain meds once after leaving hospital.

I had open bypass (foot long incision) that got infected and I had a foot ball sized open wound for 8 months.....wound vac for 6 month, 3 wound revisions, two PICC lines. It took a solid 4 weeks to feel like I could go back to school(was finishing my BSN) and work. 

With my tummy tuck/boobs after I got home starting day two I got up, showered every day, tried to walk the dog once a day and do a lap around my apartment every hour and took my tylenol as recommended by my doc-It really helped me feel better quickly. When I would sit for more than an hour or two it felt like I couldn't stand up straight(you probably feel curled like a shrimp)but if I walked around I could straighten out and it felt SO good to stretch. By 13 I was cleared to go back to work, I just clipped my drains to my waist band and didn't lift over 10lbs. 

Samma, I do think moving around more is helping, noticeable change from day 2 to 3.Now if I could just go. Tomorrow will be a week. I've been faithfully taking 200 mg docusate sodium when I take my pain meds. I feel like my toughest challenge now (day 4) is manuerving all these drains.

Bulletproof coffee? It's always a good one for getting things going. For drains I had 6 last time and a bathrobe with pockets was great. I put two in each pocket and clipped on to each tank top strap, really helped keep them organized. For showers I put my body was in a spray bottle and just sprayed myself before getting in and shower chair was my friend. I used a headband around my neck and clipped all my drains to that when I would shower, it worked well. 

Oh my!! What a terrible experience, no wonder this surgery was better for you. Sorry you had to go thru that. We have a "nurse curse". I feel just having a tummy tuck would have been way easier. The breast lift was brutal. I make myself get up and walk to the bathroom every 2 hours. I am walking straighter and wondered if it was just the pain meds or I am stretching those muscles out. I just have to edit my post and add that the first time I showered I used my bathrobe belt, but last night I clipped the drains and the On Q pump to a long pearl necklace. Now, I don't drip water everywhere from a soaked belt.

Edited by azibclc

Very creative solution for the drains in the surgery! Makes a girls with pearls relationship even more special.

Glad you're progressing well in recovery! I think these surgeries take some major guts but appear to he worth it!!