walkat103

I HAVE A DATE! no not that date

some of you may remember that I signed up with an on-line dating service.  and after many weeks of visiting the site and sending unanswered emails, I finally connected with someone.  we have an after-work coffee date (even though I don't drink coffee) a week from thursday.  our schedules were a little jammed until then. 

oh my!!  heart palpitations.  I haven't been on a date in, maybe, 25 years.  I hope I remember how to behave. 

i'll keep you posted. 

This is awesome!!  I am very excited for you.  Just be yourself.

Keep us posted!

Awesome, have a great time.

Have fun!!

Congrats! Relax and be yourself!

How exciting!  Keep us posted!!

Coffee is the perfect first date. Low commitment, and the opportunity to speak without too much distraction. Have fun.

I waited 15 years to find my Dave, I am 62 years old and things are different now. But when you find him and you guys click it is a great DAY!!!!

Relax and just try and be yourself.  I know it's easier said than done, but seriously just be yourself.  Because if you have to pretend to be someone else then it's never going to work. And most important - HAVE FUN!!!!!

And of course make sure you update us!  :D

today's the day.  4:00 after work at the local coffee shop.  I'm a little nervous.  but as I was just saying to my friend at work, what's not to like?!?  as my therapist said last night, it's really not true that you don't know how to talk to people.  you are really quite funny, interesting, knowledgeable, and you have a wonderful outlook on life.  so I guess with an endorsement like that I should do ok. 

i'll let you know how it goes. 

I did the same thing a few months ago after not dating for a very long time.  Have fun and be yourself.  Acknowledging  all our strengths and what we have to offer can be a new concept.  I was pleasantly surprised to find someone I have been dating for a few months.  Life is good. 

How did it go Walkat?

HOW EXCITING!!! HOPE IT IS AN AWESOME TIME AND IF NOT, WELL THERE'S ANOTHER TIME, ANOTHER PLACE, ANOTHER HEART THROB!  YAY!

it was very nice.  we talked for a couple of hours about all kinds of stuff.  what we do, what we like.  what pets we have/had.  our kids.  what we want to do in the future.  there were just a few moments when the conversation lagged.  but that was ok too.  I don't think either one of us was sure of what we were "supposed" to do on a first date.  so we just hung out and enjoyed the conversation.  we parted saying we would get together again.  we have each other's email.  it was a good first date after so many years.  I see a friend in the future and who knows what else might happen.  but a friend to hang out with is good.  I don't have many of those. 

thanks for all your good thoughts and encouragement.  it really helped. 

welcome back to dating world.   have fun!!!

I'm glad you had a good time - you can never have too many friends, and who knows where it might go.