Cheekyfemme

Hello, :) newbie here

Hi guys,

I'm an Aussie newbie, I'm 8 months post op and down 70 lbs. I've come seeking support I guess you could say because I've been at a complete stall the last 2-3 months which is very annoying but mostly my own fault as I've realised I'm struggling with my head demons that are creeping back and I'm ashamedly allowing old habits to creep back in

Welcome Sarah to TT sorry to hear about your stall but it sounds like you know what you need to do to succeed in your goal so I will wish you the very best on your continued journey .

Hi Sarah!  Welcome.

firstly DO NOT FEEL ASHAMED about having a food addiction.  All of us here have a food addiction of some degree, otherwise we wouldn't be here.  Don't feel ashamed about seeking a therapist.  Realizing that you need help is a very brave thing.

They are a nice bunch of people here, very nice and helpful

Hi Sarah! I'm 8 days from my surgery, but it sounds to me like you're doing a great job and you're recognizing and opening up about your problems before they get buried.

Don't give up. You can and will get past this.

You're a winner!!

Welcome, great to have you with us.

Talking to someone who won't judge you can be very useful, glad you are going to pursue that.  Also, getting back to basics and a rededication to eating right might be in order.  Do you track everything you eat?  If not I would recommend it.  Seeing what you are putting in your body (every bite) has been instrumental in keeping me on track.

Hey Sarah don,t give up. I,ve been in a 2 month stall came out and went back in another stall. I,m basically back to protein shakes and protein bars. BUT I,ve lost inches. I can see my hip bones and ribs. I,m down from a 26 to a 16 and now the 16,s are loose. I tried to post some pictures but it keeps saying something about too much something. My head doesn,t let me understand that one. But when you stall you still lose inches. I,m about 9 months out now and down 104 pounds. It comes in spurts for me. Hang in there

First, welcome! Great place to find encouragement and get honest feedback.

Second, Good work on losing that much weight!! Last, here are my thoughts on the addiction. I get feeling teary and ashamed but let me ask this. If you had a friend or relative wh

Sorry I accidentally hit post

If you had a friend or relative who came to you and shared that they were struggling with smoking or drinking or gambling addiction what would you do? Would you be ashamed if them asking for help? Would you want them to get the support they needed to overcome their addiction? It's the same thing except I think food is even harder because you have to eat every day multiple times a day. Asking for help is healthy. Repeating behaviors and expecting a different outcome is not.

Glad you're here and best to you!!

DON'T FEEL ASHAMED we have/are all in the same boat we all get what you are going thru. The important thing is you have recognized the problem sooner than later.... I think counseling is a great idea.Get yourself motivated again! You can do this :-)