Sleevarilla

Some of You Need to See This Too

Size should never stop you from living your life.

Edited by Sleevarilla

I love it!

Thank you!

I was at a gathering on Saturday night.  all friendly women.  all sizes and shapes.  after dinner there was lots of music and many got and danced.  I just couldn't make myself join in.  I really need to get over myself.  it would have been fun. 

How did I miss this? Love love love!!!

LOVE!!!!    Was forced to repost immediately on FB!   Thanks for sharing this!

There is absolutely no reason that anyone should live their life sitting on the sidelines because they think they aren't skinny enough, or fit enough or pretty enough. Guess who posted that first? A very-fit - I mean competition fit - crossfitter. Her remarks? I wish we had more real women in our box (gym).

So get out there and shake it, and jiggle, and have fun and never apologize for who you are. There is a great amount of power in embracing what others may perceive as weakness or judgement-worthy about you. "Wear it as armor and it can never be used to hurt you."

There is absolutely no reason that anyone should live their life sitting on the sidelines because they think they aren't skinny enough, or fit enough or pretty enough. Guess who posted that first? A very-fit - I mean competition fit - crossfitter. Her remarks? I wish we had more real women in our box (gym).

So get out there and shake it, and jiggle, and have fun and never apologize for who you are. There is a great amount of power in embracing what others may perceive as weakness or judgement-worthy about you. "Wear it as armor and it can never be used to hurt you."

STANDING OVATION for this!!!

Sleeve

You are the bomb!

Please continue to inspire us as we continue our journeys.

Life is about so much more than food, weight loss, carb totals, etc.

Very nice.

I've seen this several times before.  This time, it made me cry.  I have fought SO hard to be this, do this and get to a place where this is simply normal for me, and to quit caring what I LOOK like.

I'm one of only two women in my neighborhood who runs without a shirt on.  Of all the runners I pass on my routes, there are only a couple of women total.  The men don't even think twice running shirtless but the few women who run are all wearing shirts.  Except for me and a women in her mid-60s who runs with her husband.  I refuse to wear a shirt before the weather dictates it.  I am out there running, it doens't matter if anyone likes what my body looks like or not.  It matters that I am comfortable enough to run!