wyominggirl

It's my party I can cry if I want to...

I know in my little head that you all told me to NOT do things. Like

1. Freaking out when I stalled and

2. Comparing myself to others

But I did...and I am...and I know better but darn it, it's hard to not be human!

I'm three weeks this week. I lost 11.5 in week one, 6 in week two and 1.5 in week 3.

And I AM happy to see it.

But on my hospital wls site a woman not as heavy posted she's lost 34 pounds in three weeks and I felt like having a pity party for one.

I'm just venting...I've read the stall thread in the post op thread...and while it goes back to 2010 I also noticed everyone who was unhappy back then is at goal.

And so shall I be someday.

Still, this sucks. And I should know better....

It does stink to not lose as fast as you hope. You'll get there.

Girl, you and me both. Im in the same boat❤️

Stalls are miserable, but unfortunately they are pretty common.

Stay with your program. Don't eat off program because you are stressed.

Put the scale away for a while. There are times when the scale is not your friend.

Meet your protein and water goals every day.

Hang tough. The surgery has not failed you.

You can get through this.

Hang tough. You are on your way to a healthier you!

Compare yourself to me if you want to (I can take it). My first weigh in was at 11 days (I had lost exactly zero at that point) and then I didn't weigh again until 6 weeks out. I was "only" down 17 pounds. 4 weeks later (10 weeks out) I was still just 17 pounds down. Now fast forward....I've been below goal for a year. The difference is I never freaked out or was upset with the scale because it doesn't really mean anything in the beginning.

And, BTW, the only reason I know these weights is because they insisted on weighing me at my doctors office when I was in there for non-surgery related stuff that month. I don't even OWN a scale and much preferred measuring my success with NSVs. I dropped a whole pant size between weeks 7 and 10....so which is more important, that or a stupid little number?

Cheer up! Stay off the scale. Seriously. STAY. OFF. THE. SCALE. There's no reason you need to be weighing at this point. All you have to do is heal, get in all your protein, water and vitamins and that's it! Especially if the scale is making you miserable.

Edited by ThinCVT

Stalls are miserable, but unfortunately they are pretty common.

Stay with your program. Don't eat off program because you are stressed.

Put the scale away for a while. There are times when the scale is not your friend.

Meet your protein and water goals every day.

Hang tough. The surgery has not failed you.

You can get through this.

Hang tough. You are on your way to a healthier you!

It is always in the back of my mind that "I" will be the one this won't work on...so I need to keep reminding myself- that the surgery has not failed me. So I will not fail me. thanks.

Compare yourself to me if you want to (I can take it). My first weigh in was at 11 days (I had lost exactly zero at that point) and then I didn't weigh again until 6 weeks out. I was "only" down 17 pounds. 4 weeks later (10 weeks out) I was still just 17 pounds down. Now fast forward....I've been below goal for a year. The difference is I never freaked out or was upset with the scale because it doesn't really mean anything in the beginning.

And, BTW, the only reason I know these weights is because they insisted on weighing me at my doctors office when I was in there for non-surgery related stuff that month. I don't even OWN a scale and much preferred measuring my success with NSVs. I dropped a whole pant size between weeks 7 and 10....so which is more important, that or a stupid little number?

Cheer up! Stay off the scale. Seriously. STAY. OFF. THE. SCALE. There's no reason you need to be weighing at this point. All you have to do is heal, get in all your protein, water and vitamins and that's it! Especially if the scale is making you miserable.

At first it was so nice to see the scale go down....it has been SO long since that happened! But it is just making me miserable now so I really do need to stay off. Maybe I'll have my dh hide it from me for awhile! :)

Just remember you didn't put it on overnight; it's not going to magically melt off overnight. When is the last time you lost 19 pounds in 3 weeks?! Add to the fact you probably gained while in the hospital..

I weighed every other Saturday. I never noticed a stall.

One pound at a time!