eek78

That didnt take long...

Ok so a few of you have seen my post since I got back on here after six months to announce my wls approval. My wife is obviously very happy for me but I am already hearing comments about what she thinks is to come after I lose weight and regain some lost confidence. I'm very much in love with my wife. She's my world, and my best friend. After eight years of being together I still chase that woman, and do everything I can to show her what she means to me. It is starting to worry me that she thinks I'm suddenly going to lose interest in her with weight loss. Any of you who have been through this can you give me some pointers up front to kinda head this off at the pass.

Edited by eek78

Keep chasing her and I very much doubt you'll have anything to worry about.

I saw a response of yours on another thread and realized o hadn't posted a response here, as I'd intended. I can see where she'd be feeling a little insecure. Assuming she's as crazy about you as you seem to be about her, she's afraid that when you get more physically attractive, someone else might realize what a gem you are and try to steal you away.

Pay attention to her. Alleviate her fears. If she starts getting more insecure, reassure her that she has your heart, and offer to do some counseling to further strengthen your relationship.

Treat her well, and tell her what you told us.

My husband has made some similar comments to me-and we've been married 33 years- and he is the love of my life. Some of this was HIS insecurity, not mine.

I just made sure I talked honestly to him- I always reassure him that he is my one and only- and we are spending more time just trying to be a couple. Simple things- cuddling on the couch with a movie- whatever.

Everything said here is true- keep reminding her and all will be well. 

alan started this about 6 months after surgery and i told him that he was stuck with me and i didnt want to hear such foolishness again.

of course we've been together 20 years and theres no way im starting over again training a new model.

Edited by WorkinProcess

This is great! Thanks for the support all. My wife is a keeper for sure just lacks a bit of self confidence at times. I keep telling her after all we have been through together there's noplace I'd rather be than with her... I guess she's just stuck with me!!

aww you sound like such a great guy! if you keep treating her the same, she has nothing to worry about :)

aww you sound like such a great guy! if you keep treating her the same, she has nothing to worry about :)

Thanks for the compliment, but beassured I have my rough edges... I'm no Prince, but then again who is? Lol