MissMichelle

Looking for a surgery buddy!

Happy Saturday,

I was approved very quickly after completing the 6 month plan and am scheduled for surgery 10/1! I had a lot of doubts about my ability to manage with all the rules afterwards - but several coworkers who've had great success have kept me going. 

I'm still working on those lifestyle changes.  In the psych eval I found about an eating addiction group she hosts for 16 week increments - so I signed up for that.  

I've invoked a lot of professional help lately - it struck me as the only way to help out with a number of difficult personal situations that were driving me batty.  There are some loads that you just can't bear alone.  

I hope to join you guys on your journey to taking better care of yourself, and figuring out exactly how to do it! :)

Nice to meet you and see on that losers bench soon!

--Mondo

That's awesome news! Very happy for you! See you on the bench!

I'm having surgery the 28th too!!!!! Would love to have and give support/compare notes!!

Welcome MondoMom and Pengworm to the club!

I have to say, the closer I'm getting to having surgery, the less stressed out I am becoming. This is a very strange feeling - I'd been so nervous all summer going through NUT appointments and different testings. Now that it's only 3 weeks away, my nerves have all but gone away. I am ready to be on the losers bench and to make my sleeve work for me. 

I have my pre op appointment today. Meeting with the surgeon, nutritionist and psychologist. Only 5 days until I start the pre op diet. So excited!!!!

I have my pre op appointment today. Meeting with the surgeon, nutritionist and psychologist. Only 5 days until I start the pre op diet. So excited!!!!

That's got to be an incredible feeling! Not long now!

Absolutely! When I was eating dinner last night I kept thinking that in just 5 days, I will never, ever eat a meal that size again. I just can't wait to kick this off, I am so absolutely ready for it, no matter what it takes

My pre-op class is next Tuesday! I confirmed today no liquid diet needed. Just don't over indulge the few days before.

Let us know how your appointment went!

I am having surgery on 20th October. Anyone else going in around this time?

Several of us on this thread are coming up in the next month or two. My pre op appointment is Monday so within thirty days of that I will be having mine. Gotta wait til Monday or Tuesday to get my exact date. Congratulations on getting approved and getting your date! Good luck!

Congrats to you all I'm going on week three of post opp I will say it's the best thing I could of done

24 hrs until I start the 2 weeks Optifast diet. So excited!!!

Jenskittle, how are you going on the Optifast?

Good Morning everyone!

I'm scheduled for VSG on 9/28 and from what I've read, it is beneficial to have a surgery buddy that is having surgery at/around the same time. With that being said, does someone want to be my buddy?

Will certainly be a buddy / I a

We

I am officially approved for surgery through Empire BCBS. I cannot express the relief and excitement I feel knowing that I am only 2 weeks away from the beginning of my new life!

I am officially approved for surgery through Empire BCBS. I cannot express the relief and excitement I feel knowing that I am only 2 weeks away from the beginning of my new life!

Congratulations!! I'm at my pre-op right now!! Hope to get the good news myself!

Congratulations to both of you!

polls_funny_pictures_bravo_bunny_0136_33

Edited by nofearonlyheart

Congraulations to you both !

Congratulations!! I'm at my pre-op right now!! Hope to get the good news myself!

Good luck! Hope you get good news today too :)

My date is the 22nd of Sept. I could use a buddy too. Mlefebvre, you're having your surgery on my birthday. Makes it easy to remember. I'll be checking to see how you're doing. 

My preop diet hasn't been so much a liquid one as high protein. I have a fatty liver and I really need it shrunk before surgery. I'm allowed protein shakes for breakfast and lunch with a meal at dinner of 5oz of lean meat and 2 cups of vegetables with protein bars as snacks or part of my breakfast or lunch. The day before surgery I have my regular meal at lunch with a protein shake at dinner and npo after that. 

So many of you having the surgery on the 28th! It's exciting! And Jenskittle, yours is the day before mine. Let us know how you're doing. 

So many of you having the surgery on the 28th! It's exciting! And Jenskittle, yours is the day before mine. Let us know how you're doing. 

Congratulations on getting your date! Keep us updated and good luck, looks like a lot of us will have plenty to talk about. 

Day 3 optifast diet. So far, so good. I am sure the weekend will be more of a struggle though.