Amber76bailey

Sleeps overrated anyway right?

Sami,beachgirl,lex,kden thank you so much it means alot that you are here for me to talk to. I'm starting to feel better that my meds are being ajusted. Surgon Halpin says I'm start where every one (her 5 other patients )started right out of surgery. ... I'm starting to feel where they did 24hrs later! A little frustrating but I'm hanging in there.

Yay for feeling better!!!!!

<3

I'm glad they helped. I wasn't on pain meds either as they only wanted me on morphine which gives me headaches, so I can unfortunately relate to rolling around in bed crying all night- as that is what I did. I did adjust by day 2 and 3 and liquid tylenol was good enough. So you will get there! I'm glad you fought for yourself and keep trying the sipping and walking- being home is a lot easier for recovery. ((hugs))

I had nausea as well, hated the idea of that young and pretty Asian nurse using suppository medication, but I succumbed and it achieved the desired result.

Good luck to you, it gets better day by day, even with impatience.

I was finally discharged from the hospital today.... I'm home and resting now. Biggest challenge is I'm taking 5 or 6 meds so trying to split them up but take them on time is hard because I get so full on them. Not quite getting my 1oz every 15 minutes so 4oz in an hr. Seems like so little and shouldn't be a problem but it is for me.... I was sent home with a 1/4 cup container of plain yogart, took me 1hr 15 minutes to finish it. So sleep and eating/drinking is my life for awhile.... thank to many of you who suggested gasx strips they are working wonders for me.

I am so proud of you babe! You got this & each day is going to get better xoxo

I feel you 100% on the meds! It's hard getting them all in, and splitting it all up. I bought a multivitamin in the powder form that you have to mix with water. Boy was that a mistake. I have not been able to finish my multivitamin since I've been home. especially considering that I have to take it twice a day. That is just way too much water for me in between meals at this point. I almost threw up today trying to get it down. My husband is going to buy the chewables for me so that I can pace myself better. I am up to 5.5 ounces of protein liquid at a time and 4 ounces of what I call porridge (cream of wheat and pudding or soup) Those seem to be my max amounts for now. I didn't get nearly that much down tuessay or Wednesday. So it's a slow race. I'm happy you're home now though!! Figuring out eating and drinking is really.... interesting!

Edited by kdeniset

Boy do I wish I could eat 4oz of my "meals" cream soup, pudding, protein drink etc.... I'm still at 1oz plastic medicine cups they sent home with me. I'm so happy to hear you are doing so well!

Yeahhh. I was at no more than 1 oz. my first 2 days home. It gets better! I keep telling myself that. Lol

Edited by kdeniset

Sorry it's frustrating for you Amber but I'm very happy that you are doing well otherwise!

Thank you Michael.I appreciate that.I'm having a rough night tonight but I have to say it's better than the last 2 night. I WILL get through this.

I'm glad you're improving, even if slowly!  Keep those little 1oz cups.  A few of them, um, jumped into my bag somehow when I left and they have been awesome to measure soft and puree things in.  I have a larger cup for that, but those are so easy to scoop stuff out of and clean.  

Its terrible those 1st 2 weeks but after a couple of months, it will be a distant memory. Once you start a more normal diet, you start to feel normal again. Eating isnt near as important right now as drinking. I had a bad headache that 1st week from not drinking enough. Also try to have something to eat/drink befor showering every day. Lots of people, including myself, would get very weak in the shower and I almost feinted a few times. My 1st 2 weeks post op, my doctor suggested I drink some apple juice befor my shower each day. Good luck:-)

Beachgirl you are right! Those little 1oz cups are a lifesaver. The nurse gave me a big stack of them plus 4 drinking cups that are 10 oz so I fill 2 of the 10ozers 1 is water and the other is premier protein ready drink. I do a 50/50 split with milk just because everything tastes really sweet right now.

Thanks brooke! I have not heard that good to know.

Little update for today..... still taking pain meds every 3 hrs.... I set my phone alarm, if I don't and go let's say 4 or 5 hrs with no meds I'm seriously in trouble almost feels like I'm starting all over so instead of putting myself thru that I will stay on a 3 hr schedule until I know I can push it out. Water no longer hurts to drink, moved from 1oz every 15 minutes to 2oz every 15 minutes soups, protein drink etc is a bit longer just because I'm not pushing the full feeling. Night sleeping is rough I have a million pillows propping me up but sometime in the night my body tries to shift into its normal position (side sleep),so that's pretty difficult for me to stay on my back. Other than that I'm feeling better and have no "buyers remorse "

Thank you guys again for being here with me, checking up on me and giving suggestions I NEED that :-)

Amber, so glad to hear you're hanging tough and that things are slowly easing up.  I stayed pretty well medicated so I don't remember a lot, but I think you've had a much tougher go.  Hopefully you'll be finding your newer, pain-free Normal very soon!

Thank you pretty lady!

Thank you wygirl! I'm glad to hear about that! Need my side sleep back....

I had my vsg the 25th and had an experience similar to yours as far as pain and nausea. I feel pretty good now but I am still so angry at how my pain was managed. 

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Vonnie, I hear you. It's totally unnecessary. I understand they won't compromise your breathing for pain but come on you hear people on here getting morphine push button! And your trying to give me a little 5mg percecet? Laughable.

Today has been a rough day. I'm assuming days might go in waves? Yesterday I felt pretty good most all pain was managed low amount of gas pain..... wake up today can't really do water, gas pain 8 out of 10 and pain nor being controlled my scheduled meds.... I guess we will see how tomorrow pans out....

Thanks again everyone for standing by watching my recovery.

I'm sorry you're still having that much pain. Are you walking to help with gas? I know it may not be easy but it really does help!! At this point I'm surprised you're having that much pain. Wonder if you should call your surgeon?