Amber76bailey

Sleeps overrated anyway right?

Well guys and gals it's that time! Surgery in less that 10hrs! It's midnight and I'm staring at the ceiling..... leaving my house at 6:15 sharp to be at good samaritan hospital by 7:30am! Wish me luck! I will see all you losers on the other side :-)

P.S. I love all of you here! Thanks for all you confidence in my ability to finish what I started.

Good luck I also can't sleep think good thoughts I'll be going thru it soon I'm excited for you

I forgot don't forget to take a lot of before pics everybody regrets not taking enough lol I hate pics

Thanks new guy! You're right I will do that! I'll even have my husband take pics in the hospital before I even leave!

How long did you take off from work

I'm unemployed! Since last year. My husband job takes him away from home so I quit to travel with him. Not such a bad life huh?? :-)

Nope ,sounds good now you can concentrate on yourself 100%

Great day for you!! See you on the other side!

See you on the Loser's Bench Amber! 

Will have you in my thoughts today. Good luck as you begin this amazing new journey!!

Very excited for you.  Please let us know how everything goes.

Sip, sip, sip

Walk, walk,walk

The more you walk, the better you will feel.

I had my surgery at Good Sam too with Dr. Patterson.  Congrats!

You are gonna do great Amber,   let us know how you are doing in a couple of days.

So excited for you Amber!!

Sending positive thoughts your way. 

I'm excited for you , please keep us up to date .

Best wishes on a speedy recovery...

So excited for you. Hope this day has been an easy one! Can't wait to hear how your doing.

Thank you everyone. Had a really rough go.....woke up from recovery in a tremendous amount of pain...I was in recovery for 3hrs. When I got to my room I immediately started dry heves because of course I had nothing in my tum but I would rather have vomited than ripping my Tum muscles apart. They have me on 6 different anti nausea meds and a patch....I have stopped vomiting as of now but still very nauseated. Part 2 to all this they were not controlling my pain at ALL extreme amount of pain. The problem is a take methadone every day 3 times from day one I've told my clinc for 6 MONTHS that my concerns about having this surgery would be them not controlling the pain because they would treat me as a patient who does take pain pills on a regular basis. Sure enough they did... gave me 5mgs of ox when I demanded dilaudid they finally switch it but I only received 2mg every 4 to 6 hrs.... so basically I roll around crying all night. Finally this morning my surgon came and was not at all happy with this and bummed it up to 3 dilaudid 2 hrs apart... still have alot of pain but it's doable. The leak test was no fun because I'm still so nauseated and haven't even got 2oz of liquids in every 15 min (water hurts) I don't know how any of you got that dye down for exray. I've had 3 walks totally that's it.... If I can't get the protein drinks down every 15 minutes for 2hr period I won't be going home tonight. Well guys that's all I have for now. Thanks to all of you for your support! I love you guys.

Hope the pain subsides for you soon!  I know walking is tough but really, the more you can force yourself to do it, the better you'll feel.  Best of luck to you!

I'm sorry you've have a tough go so far.  I hope you turn the corner soon on the pain and nausea!  

this makes me so sad...... I wish I had you come to Minnesota .... Had it at U of M ..... I am sorry babe ... Love you lots xoxo enjoy the flowers

I'm so sorry to hear you've had a rough experience. I pray that the worst is over for you and that they continue to adjust to your pain needs. I can't imagine how frustrating and hard it is for them to fall so short on your needs. But clearly you are VERY strong despite it all, and I hope your own obvious strength is encouragement for you that you'll come out of this in no time, WALKING yourself home to a more comfortable spot on the loser's bench.

We love you and we are praying for you!!