Jerose77

Surgery Date is Aug 31, 2015

Really excited and nervous about my upcoming surgery. It was a long process but finally I made it. I went through the lean program at Tripler Army Medical Center and cannot say enough good things about the program. The staff is extremely informative and helpful. Anyone else had their surgery at tripler or thinking about it?  I would love to hear your thoughts and or answer any questions you may have.  I am looking forward to getting back to me. Its been too long. Good luck and God Bless.

Congratulations, that day will be here before you know it!

I had gastric sleeve surgery on 8/10.  My recovery is going well, and has been uneventful (thankfully!).

Congrats, can't wait to welcome you to the losers bench.

Congratulations ! Before you know it you be on the other side . I just had my surgery August 13 stay in hospital 2 days then I was home with only discomfort no pain ( thank goodness ) . Best to you !

Thanks! I am glad to hear that recoveries had gone well and discomfort is at a minimum. I appreciate your feedback. Good luck to you all and definitely look forward to hearing more about your experiences.

I am literally telling my husband the countdown daily lol. 13 days until my surgery. Doctor told me to expect to stay for 4-5 days in the hospital. I am so down for a mini vacation lol. I get peace and quiet and my children won't be able to demand anything of me.

Well I had gotten the go ahead from the nutritionist to get my psych eval unfortunately my scheduled surgery has to be rescheduled. I'm so frustrated. I've worked so hard and it may be another couple of months before I have the surgery. They said I won't have the results of my psych eval in time before the surgery. Then my surgeon will be on vacay and most likely I'm looking at November depending on schedule. I'm frustrated. I'm sad. I'll be ok and won't give up but it's just disheartening to be so close and have the proverbial door shut in my face. I'm not happy that a psych eval is so uber important. I done everything else that was asked of me and each professional gave me the go ahead. I've been judged for the past 9 months on everything. I'm just tired of physically being in pain. This weight I carry hurts my joints and back so bad. Sorry to vent but feeling a little low.