Jolls

Rededication time - come join me!

Did your credit card get a workout too?

Hello all! Haven't been on here in ages. I lurk every once in a while but today when I read this... I had to log in and start dpt TODAY! I have to rummage through my cupboard to see if I have any protein shakes that aren't expired. I stopped drinking them because they made me feel so sick. But I'm going to try again. I can no longer eat eggs or fish either. I have been able to eat a chocolate chip cookie though... And I need to restart. Love the support and motivation here. I have a birthday coming up and instead of planning on going out to dinner... I'm going to the gym!

Things going well here, I am going to do a new post with some more details.     Finished the 5 day and still on my plan as the weekend comes to an end!  Pulled the first large tomato off the vine yesterday so decided to make BLTs today with it, since that is BF favorite with fresh tomatoes.   I really wanted a 1 piece BLT myself... 45 cal bread, multigrain and 9 carb.... not bad at all right?   But no, no.... my new plan says no we are staying away from such things;  so I had to improvise:

post-31510-0-18036900-1440948352_thumb.j

My "BLT".   Cucumber slices as "bread", fresh picked tomato and jalapeno bacon.    Is is the same as a BLT?  No, no its not.    Is it delicious non the less?  YES. 

(1/2 large cucumber, 2 slices large tomato, 3 pc bacon)

edit:  yes, I do like/prefer my bacon burned  :P

Edited by Jolls

Things going well here, I am going to do a new post with some more details. Finished the 5 day and still on my plan as the weekend comes to an end! Pulled the first large tomato off the vine yesterday so decided to make BLTs today with it, since that is BF favorite with fresh tomatoes. I really wanted a 1 piece BLT myself... 45 cal bread, multigrain and 9 carb.... not bad at all right? But no, no.... my new plan says no we are staying away from such things; so I had to improvise:

012fe78db5ab5ef9b6f704b6c177ce716602c07bbd.jpg

My "BLT". Cucumber slices as "bread", fresh picked tomato and jalapeno bacon. Is is the same as a BLT? No, no its not. Is it delicious non the less? YES.

edit: yes, I do like/prefer my bacon burned :P

It's a good thing I'm eating my scrambled eggs as I read this.

Homemade tomatoes make me want to cry and long for my childhood.

Wrapped up in a lettuce would also do the trick.

Ah yes - neglected to mention I only had baby spinach so no suitable lettuce leaves to use as 'bread'.

I love home grown blts. I, also turn them into lettuce wraps..

Tanks for this Jolls.  I am a week behind and will be starting by 5 day pouch test tomorrow.  SLIDERS!  I definitely didn't fully understand the definition and repercussions of slider foods until I read that website and watched the video.  Wow!  I have been in slider heaven.  Looking forward to starting over again.

I do really need the help of everyone. I hate myself for regaining the weight back, just went through so much. Still when I think about my brother I want to eat. I miss my brother so much, he was the only brother I had. I have 4 sisters, but they do not fill that void I have for my brother. 2009 was a very bad year for me, so I need all you all help and guiding me in the help of getting back on track.

Thank you all in advance

Things going well here, I am going to do a new post with some more details.     Finished the 5 day and still on my plan as the weekend comes to an end!  Pulled the first large tomato off the vine yesterday so decided to make BLTs today with it, since that is BF favorite with fresh tomatoes.   I really wanted a 1 piece BLT myself... 45 cal bread, multigrain and 9 carb.... not bad at all right?   But no, no.... my new plan says no we are staying away from such things;  so I had to improvise:

attachicon.gif012fe78db5ab5ef9b6f704b6c177ce716602c07bbd.jpg

My "BLT".   Cucumber slices as "bread", fresh picked tomato and jalapeno bacon.    Is is the same as a BLT?  No, no its not.    Is it delicious non the less?  YES. 

edit:  yes, I do like/prefer my bacon burned  :P

Looks delicious! Yum!

I do really need the help of everyone. I hate myself for regaining the weight back, just went through so much. Still when I think about my brother I want to eat. I miss my brother so much, he was the only brother I had. I have 4 sisters, but they do not fill that void I have for my brother. 2009 was a very bad year for me, so I need all you all help and guiding me in the help of getting back on track.

Thank you all in advance

grief is so hard to deal with without food . . . for me.  we are heading into the time of year when so many people I loved died.  late fall and winter have always been hard for me, especially when the time changes and it gets dark so early.  I want to get cozy with something yummy.  now I knit which I find to be a cozy thing to do. 

take it easy with yourself and keep checking in.  there is always someone here who will listen. 

You got my support too.   I identify with you.   You are an inspiration.  Thanks for keeping us inspired and motivated!!!

In like Flynn.  Not doing the 5DPT but going to limit those evil carbs to under 50 gr per day for the rest of the month.  Meaning Sept, of course, otherwise would not be much of a commitment.

Day 1 of operation:  back to gym =  complete!

I just do a bit of strength training/toning there -  30 min is really all it takes to go through the weight machines.... and yet I have put it off for months and months and months.  Seems so silly!

How is everyone re-dedicated September going?

Things are well on my end.  Scale doesn't agree but we are just trying to ignore that :P    I'm still struggling with controlling the grazing/boredom due to work some (its better overall though), BUT at least everything I choose to eat are "good" things which was really most of the battle all along.  One thing at a time.  So far what I'm eating is spot on and exactly what I should be -  will work more on the other stuff as I can.   At the point in time I would rather be eating too much of 'good' things then even a little bit of 'bad' so I feel like I am in a good place.

I think the 5DPT really did help in this regard.  I did take notice when I'm making his lunch with bread (as example) that I think that looks good and would like it - but I can easily say no AND I don't just think about it and think about it and think about it until I cave.  This is a very different mindset then prior to 5DPT.   Its been 2 weeks and the only 'starchy' carb I had was 1/8 cup potato and a fresh corn on the cob.  Neither thing I am guilty about nor planned on blocking from my new revised diet anyway. 

Other then that I think I'm kind of struggling with calories a bit; as in, not getting enough.  I probably should have weened myself down on calories instead of going from 'eat whatever I want mode' to dropping to under 1000 just like that.  I plan my food out and have 90-110 prot most days and carbs under 50 most days as well -  this is netting me around 1000 calories on average and rather high on fat (lot of eggs, cheese, pork rinds).   I've noticed I've been more tired or tired easier lately since doing this though.   I do know that super low carbs I just do not feel right in general so having them between 45-60 seems to be just fine.  I've started to add some more fruit in particularily on gym days but still staying under 70g carbs for the day -  this should be plenty.  Mowing lawn yesterday though was actually difficult to push the mower and it just wiped me out -  it hasn't done that since I was 400lbs.   So I'm thinking my calories are too low or at least as I said -  I should have weened them down more slowly at least.  So yesterday I ate 1200 and will try and keep it up there more and see if that helps.  I have to eat more often though to do that which kind of defeats the purpose of trying not to graze -  so yeah, it is still a balancing act. 

I absolutely do not find veggies satisfying, much to my dismay.  I plopped a bag of baby carrots on my work desk so when the "need" to eat comes, I can a carrot or two.  That is all well and good but it doesn't help..... it actually makes me want to eat more sometimes or get something else.  I choose a steam bag of edamame (90cal) as one of my snacks a lot of days and there is quite a bit in there -  it is filling, and yet I'm not satisfied with it despite really really loving edamame and being 'full' from it.  So that is kind of frustrating.  Maybe it will come with time, I dunno.

Last little bit of struggle is working ME time still.  BF came home from out of town work last night and I knew he would be home by 10 and I also knew if I didn't get to the gym by the time he got home, I wouldn't go.... and I was right.  I worked till 630 then mowed lawn, fed the dogs, ran to Walmart, had to go fix parents computer with stuff I got from Walmart and by the time I got home and put a few items away and sat down for barely 5 min - he was home.  And of course then I didn't want to leave cause I haven't seen him for 2 days and he is only going to be awake for 2 hours before bed and then back to work he goes in the morning.   So I 'allowed' myself to miss that gym day yesterday.  But today is my day off and even though it is a 'rest' day from gym -  I went this morning anyway because I didn't do it yesterday like I was supposed to.   Only other slight issue on that is I ate yesterday (higher carbs) because it was gym day and didn't go.  Not that 69g carbs are going to break the bank...  its just I'm trying to get into a pattern and I already allowed it to fall of course a bit.   No I am not beating myself up, I am just saying!

Anyway, that is how my September is going.  Very well!!

Mine is going pretty well. I've had appts after work 2 nights this week so no workouts on those day. I'm leaving work a little early this afternoon to get in a tough workout. Tomorrow I have to do yard work and my Sat. morning volunteer work is also physical but not really a workout. I'm doing well with food this week. I keep a jar of pickles in the fridge at work and a couple of times when I've wanted something more than what I brought for lunch, I grab a pickle. 

Tomorrow night we are having friends over for dinner and my husband is making eggplant parm - my favorite. I'm going to have salad, a small serving of eggplant and no more than 1-1/2 glasses of wine. Whatever eggplant is leftover I will freeze so I won't be temped to eat it on Sunday and Monday. 

Vacation over and now time to get to my commitment to join the gym and do some weights.  I am currently having more back issues and will check with the chiropractor, but I feel I can do this safely.   I am happy to say my weight is back to 132 which is what I consider my baseline.   I am considering getting a consultation for plastic surgery.  Didn't think I would ever do it and don't know if I can afford or will go through with it.  Hoping the gym will tighten some skin up.  Maybe a little better will be enough.  I think I have a least 10-15 pounds of skin, which would bring my weight down quite a bit.  This is a great accountability thread.  Lets rock September. 

I'm actually doing GREAT!!!! I feel motivated, and I'm proud of myself! I did the 5 day pouch test back on 8/4 and have been completely on track (except for a couple of instances) ever since!!! I'm down 19 lbs since 8/4,and I'm VERY pleased with that. My first goal is 33.6 lbs away. Then, I will focus on the 2nd leg of my goals.....42 MORE lbs!!!! 

I'm actually doing GREAT!!!! I feel motivated, and I'm proud of myself! I did the 5 day pouch test back on 8/4 and have been completely on track (except for a couple of instances) ever since!!! I'm down 19 lbs since 8/4,and I'm VERY pleased with that. My first goal is 33.6 lbs away. Then, I will focus on the 2nd leg of my goals.....42 MORE lbs!!!! 

You are 5'8" and you want to weigh 108lbs?

You are 5'8" and you want to weigh 108lbs?

Um NO??? If you look at my signature line, you'll see the story.

September re-dedication folks check in time!

Now since I started the last week of August with the 5DPT, I am actually a month into my re-dedication.  I have lost 16.8 lbs in my re-dedication month.

NOW .... 8lbs of that was the water I shed in the first 2 days of the pouch test so technically that 8lbs doesn't really count....I KNOW it was all water.  So I've lost 8.8 lbs this 'month'.   Still awesome!  And really almost all of that was lost this last 2 weeks -  I stayed the same (0.4 tenths lost and gained lost and gained) for 7 days in a row before the scale started to move steadily down.

Exercise is also going very well.  I've hit my 10k steps nearly everyday this 'month' and I have been going to the gym 3x a week for strength training.  I found a good strength routine as of today I feel very good about (thanks to Sleevarilla and BFs help).  I've been walking most of my lunch breaks also; especially if it is a gym day where I don't do a longer walk because of that. 

Eating is also still on point.  I have not had a lick of carbs other then what comes from dairy, veggies, some fruit and my diluted cranberry juice.  I did have 2 alcohol drinks this weekend but managed to stay within both my calorie and carb limits even including those.  (which I wasn't aiming for - I had planned to have some drinks this weekend, it still just worked that way).

Keeping my calories over 1000 more consistantly has helped with the energy issues this last week or so.  So far, since I have been able to stay away from carbs in general, I've more adopted the mentality of -  if I feel like eating; then eat - as long as it is protein, veggie or maybe fruit.  So I guess perhaps the 'grazing' is not so much under control, but I am far more at peace with it right now.   And right now what I am doing is working physically and mentally so I'm just going to keep on this path.  Again, even with 'eating when I want to' my calories really are not above 1200 often (and when they are, they barely are over) so clearly I am making wise choices.

Still need to do some work with vitamin regime though.  I just bought a little weekly pill case though -   BF uses ones for his vitamins and takes them consistantly by utilizing that pill case so thought I'd give it a try myself!  It does help the only supplement I need to take more then once a day is vit D though.

For more in depth update regarding internal health (BP, labs etc) you can review my 2 year check up post:  http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/topic/107526-2-year-checkup/

Been a long time since I have been here. Something told me to get back on. Started reading and now I know why. Although I have not gained any weight, I am at 147, I still have 10 pounds to go (in my head). My problem is night eating! I could absolutely go all day without food. I don't, but could. I am not hungry. I generally eat the same every day.A shake for breakfast with Almond milk ( yes I really do like them) 3-4 oz protein for lunch or 1/2 cup refried beans with cheese, dinner is 3-4 oz protein with maybe some veggies. good right? At 9:00 every night I have 5 oz plain yogurt mixed with 2 tbs peanut butter, 2 tbs flax meal and stevia. fills me up and I go to bed quite comfy and full. SOOOOO..... why do I wake up at 11:30 and get out of bed and get something to eat? I don't know why! It has become a habit, a bad habit at that( for about 3 months), because I am eating crackers and cheese. WHAT?  Hardly any carbs during the day and BAM  I get up and eat. Tried almonds, nope, went back for crackers so then I had 2 night time snacks. crazy! I bought some protein bars at 190 calories thinking that would be ok to eat at midnight. ITS NOT OK TO EAT AT MIDNIGHT! Even told my husband not to let me eat. I just got mad at him when he told me not to. lol I ate anyway. I need to get this out of my head or it will move to other things. I know me, pretty soon I will be eating a quart of ice cream and my size 10's are no more. I am rededicating myself to this. I will be doing shakes for the next 5 days, with my yogurt at night. no getting out of bed. I just can't!  I am really scared at what this will do to my sleep as I have told myself that eating will put me back to sleep and of course it does. satisfied belly=sleep, in my head. But I will prevail with Gods help. The enemy wants me to fail and I need to lean on the Holy Spirit to get me through this. Thank you Jolls for having the audacity to start this thread and keep it going. I needed this and God used you to help

I've pretty much SUCKED at this rededication thing!!

Starting the 5 day pouch test tomorrow.

I'd like to get to goal (10 pounds) before I go in for my tummy tuck/breast lift surgery on 10/12 and I've managed to not do a dang thing about it.  I'm running out of time!

I just joined in on this challenge. Today is day 1 of 5. I went to bed kind of dreading this... but I woke up with a more positive attitude. I thought to myself, how can I dread something that will HELP me?! Plus it's only 5 days! Work day is half over... already had a Syntrax Nectar protein shake, cup of homemade (made in the crock pot over night) split pea soup, and during lunch break, I am gonna run to the supermarket for some SF jello.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day! :D  

Jolls - so glad you announced your rededication and asked everyone to join. Thank you! My rededication is going well. I'm down 3 pounds with just a couple more to go. What I realized is that I've gotten into the habit of eating a few bites of something after I've had dinner. Nuts, a protein bar, peanut butter, cheese, etc. All dense foods that are somewhat low in carbs and somewhat high in protein but not needed. I like the act of having a little something after I eat. Now, I'm planning for those extra bites before I have dinner. So, they are really part of my dinner, just eaten 10 - 15 minutes later. And, I exercised for 5 days in a row. It had been a while since I'd exercised 5 days in a row. I've been really sore the last two days (which is great!) so I am taking tonight off. Back to the gym tomorrow. 

I hunkered down last week and did the 5-day pouch test.  I lost 4 pounds.  I'm going to do it again starting Wed and see what that gets me.  I STILL hate the damn protein drinks just as much as I did before.  :)