NewB

Surgery Went Well

Surgery went very well, and my pain is far less than expected.  I would say having my Gallbladder out 6 years  ago was more painful.  The surgery only took an hour.  :)

Best wishes to all of my fellow August surgery people.

Really that's so great I'm in so much pain and can't stop spitting

Welcome to the losers bench!

I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain.  It should get better in the next few days.  I'm not 100% pain free, but I feel  pretty dang good.  I need to remind myself that I just had major surgery and my body needs rest.  :)

I still  have the spitting problem. It happens to me if I dont eat enough or I eat something that doesnt agree with me and I get acid reflux. Are you taking any heartburn medicine?

I still  have the spitting problem. It happens to me if I dont eat enough or I eat something that doesnt agree with me and I get acid reflux. Are you taking any heartburn medicine?

My doctor has me taking Prilosec DR twice a day for the next  three months.  It seems to be working, I haven't had any heartburn.

Hope you all get better soon. Just remember it is major surgery and you should expect discomfort for a while but if it gets too hard to handle call your doctor. 

My Dr. did not put me on anything after surgery and I was in misery! Now that I'm taking prilosec...MUCH better. If you keep feeling bloated and spitting give them a call.