Thanks for the suggestion :). I didn't know calcium citrate sold as a loose powder was a thing....just bought 2 UpCalD cans (waiting for them to be shipped).

Taking 3-4 servings of this a day post-op how long does one can last?

On 6/20/2019 at 3:03 PM, cinwa said:

Early out we couldn't take tablet form calcium citrate.  Check around for calcium citrate powder - my choice was UpCalD - pretty much tasteless, has the all important vitamin D3 in it so you could dump it in your drinks, yogurt etc. etc.  I don't remember seeing it in stores but it's available online.  The cans are cheaper than the sachets.  And check out the internet for calcium citrate powder but don't forget to take a low dose vitamin D3 with it.

And if all else fails, look for capsule form - you could pull the ends apart and use the powder as mentioned above.

It'll only be a short while post-op before you'll be able to take tablet or capsule form.

8 hours ago, TheJuice202 said:

Taking 3-4 servings of this a day post-op how long does one can last?

Each can is 20 oz (566.99g).  A serving is 5g (scoop provided) giving you 500mg of elemental calcium (plus 500IU of Vitamin D3 to aid absorption). 

There's 113.4 servings in 1 can.  At 3 servings a day, a can will last close to 38 days.

On 6/20/2019 at 3:03 PM, cinwa said:

Early out we couldn't take tablet form calcium citrate.  Check around for calcium citrate powder - my choice was UpCalD - pretty much tasteless, has the all important vitamin D3 in it so you could dump it in your drinks, yogurt etc. etc.  I don't remember seeing it in stores but it's available online.  The cans are cheaper than the sachets.  And check out the internet for calcium citrate powder but don't forget to take a low dose vitamin D3 with it.

And if all else fails, look for capsule form - you could pull the ends apart and use the powder as mentioned above.

It'll only be a short while post-op before you'll be able to take tablet or capsule form.

I laugh as I think back on this now...in the early post op days, I used to chew my Citracal tablets. It was really gross, lol...I’m so glad I can swallow them now!

Thank you SO MUCH for this! For now I gave into the Celebrate Vitamins (Chocolate & Caramel) and have about 50 days left of those (got a 90ct of both and i'm chewing on 3 a day). I'm definitely going for the UpCal next though.

On 6/22/2019 at 9:03 AM, cinwa said:

Each can is 20 oz (566.99g).  A serving is 5g (scoop provided) giving you 500mg of elemental calcium (plus 500IU of Vitamin D3 to aid absorption). 

There's 113.4 servings in 1 can.  At 3 servings a day, a can will last close to 38 days.

12 hours ago, TheJuice202 said:

Thank you SO MUCH for this! For now I gave into the Celebrate Vitamins (Chocolate & Caramel) and have about 50 days left of those (got a 90ct of both and i'm chewing on 3 a day). I'm definitely going for the UpCal next though.

You can add UpCal D powder to any drink - hot or cold, yogurt etc. etc.  I have a friend who just dumps a scoop (or sachet) straight into his mouth and washes it down with a mouthful or two of water or whatever.