Any 30 somethings out there?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I have tentative surgery date of 8/19/2015 for VSG. Any 30 somethings out having either the GBP or VSG? You don't hear much about people in their 30s have the surgery performed it would be nice to

I am in my 30s. I had VSG on 7/15/15. When I went to my nutrition class it was either very young people around 20, or people my mothers age. There was no one my age. The few people that might be close

I have 17 hours and 19 minutes until I'm sleeved!!! I can't believe this is happening!

Amber I'm sorry you don't look like 39 maybe 29 lol your very pretty

Lol well thank you! I get that alot.... I swear when I was waking from surgery I heard the nurses say "can you belive she's almost 40??" "No way"... haha maybe it was just a really nice dream ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Im 31 (at least Im pretty sure I am - I am completely sleep deprived today after my 8 month old decided to wake up and party at 3am).

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 33, looking at December for Surgery.  It's tenative, and pending all those tests, but so far so good!

• 2 months later...

Just turned 39 and I have my gastric sleeve surgery on January 14th, 2016.  It is good to hear everyone's positive experiences.  Very excited for surgery but nervous as well. 

Just turned 39 and I have my gastric sleeve surgery on January 14th, 2016.  It is good to hear everyone's positive experiences.  Very excited for surgery but nervous as well. 

dont be too nervous!! I was so surprised at how quickly I recovered. I had mine mid October and I feel like it never happened. I mean I feel so normal. I don't have any lingering effects at all except I get full fast and am already smaller than I been in 5 yrs. Everybody is different.. But I have no food aversion or anything. With the holidays I even ate a lot of no no's. Nothing makes me sick. Good luck. It will be great!! 

37 now (cringe) & had VSG 19 months ago. I'm down 122 lbs & am literally almost half the person I used to be! How was your first post-op holiday season? I'm remember that being tough mentally, physically, & emotionally. Hard to believe food had (and still has to some degree) over me! I still see my WLS psych once a month to keep myself on track. Backsliding terrifies me!

Feel free to send me a message with any questions you may have.

how are you doing!?!  How was the surgery? 

I am so sorry for the late response!!! The surgery was quick and easy. I had no complications at all. My healing was amazing and I was still able to visit NYC at 3 weeks post op. My biggest adjustment is the eating. I've forgot that I've been sleeve and shoveled in a couple of bits of food and my body reminds me minutes later that my stomach is no longer the same. Have you been sleeved yet? This was the best decision I've ever made.