judyoz

Does anyone eat every 2-3 hours?

I eat every 2-3 hours everyday.  Most of the time it is protein.  Once I hit my goal for protein, I switch it up.   I cannot eat much at a time, maybe 3 ounces.   I was sleeved April 27, 2015.  So I am 2 months out.  Losing weight nicely.  Do any of you veterans eat several times a day?  I just do not see myself changing my ways anytime soon.

Edited by judyoz

I do because I'm prone to hypoglycemia.

3-4 of those will be a meal with 2oz of protein (fish or shellfish with salad/vegetables).  The other times will be a piece of cheese and fruit, some almonds or other nuts, celery, melon etc.

Many of us eat that frequently.  I've ended up eating at least 5 times a day.  Those are two types, meals or snacks.  The meals are larger and structured accordingly, snacks are small things like babybells, cottage cheese, jerky, etc. much smaller.

Edited by PapaG

Great!  Thank you.

I tend to eat 5 times a day mostly. Done days just 3 and maybe a snack but mostly 5 times.

I eat several times a day, it may be a baby bel cheese, or a pickle. It's not much no matter what it is.

I eat at least 4 times a day, about 3 oz total each meal. Primarily protein. My sleeve is pretty tight and doesn't allow much else.

Many of us et that frequently.  I end up eating at least 5 times a day.  Those are two types, meals or snacks.  The meals are larger and structured accordingly, snacks are small things like babybells, cottage cheese, jerky, etc. much smaller.

This

I'm the same as PapaG and Tmcgee. I eat 3 "meals" and small snacks between. I never stay "full" very long. 

Eating every few hours keeps your metabolism engaged and your body fueled!

I don't think it matters how often you eat or when you eat, the bottom line is calories in and exercise to burn them off. There is a rule of thumb. Example: that if you weigh 200 pounds, then you are averaging 2000 calories a day.

150 = 1500.

This is why weight watchers works.

I think it's much more complex than calories in vs. calories out for many people. For instance, I did all liquids last week for almost 5 days. 300 calories a day. Didn't lose a pound. Surely I burn more than that just waking up.

Many different things involved. And weight watchers wasn't working for me when I followed it diligently, which is why I ended up having WLS.

I know how you feel, Gaviv!  I was so upset that during my 2 week pre-surgery diet I only lost 2 pounds.  I followed it exactly and even walked every day.  We are all different and our bodies are all different too.

judyoz, my nutritionist recommends 3 meals and 2 snacks a day after surgery. 

Yes, I am 19 months out and I eat every 2-3 hours. Always have. I shoot for protein first, but also make sure I get in veggies, fruit and grains every day. I passed goal at 7 months out (88 pounds down) and have maintained 8-10 pounds below that for a year.