GAviv

Deep thoughts...

Yay for your mommy. I love my husband but there really is nothing like a mom when you are sick and feeling bad. This is an excellent update!

Glad to hear they are moving forward for your sake. I'll be praying for you and baby.

I'm sorry to hear all the struggles you've been going through.  I too will lift y'all in prayer. 

Praying for you and Baby Eli today that all goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

you've got this, greer. positive vibes for you and eli! like everyone else has said, i sure hope this helps with everything and keeps your behind out of the hospital (until eli comes, of course).

So much love to you and Baby Eli!! 

So happy you got to see your kids last night.  Good luck tonight.  You and Eli are in my thoughts and I can't wait for your after surgery update to know everything went well!

So glad to hear your mommy is on her way! Smooth sailing tonight-post when you can. 

you don't know me, and I've been away from the boards for a bit, but wanted to know I'm holding space for you and your baby boy. You are strong, and will get through this and your baby has your genes, so you know he's strong too!  

Also, as an aside, I'd been bitching about a pain I have, from where my surgeon puts an "extra stitch" of some sort specifically to prevent internal hernias. For whatever reason, that stitch seems to never have disolved, and it still hurts at 5 months post op. But after reading your story, I'm just going to stop complaining about the stupid stitch. It obviously hurts less than what you are going through!

Hugs! And congrats. 

Jeeeze, missed this thread for two days. :(  Hernias are no fun at all. I hope recovery is quick and painfree.  

Gosh, don't check in for a week and the whole world turns upside down.  Greer, I am so sorry you are going through this.  Prayers will be going up for you and Eli.  I hope that you find some relief soon.

Still keeping you in my thoughts for your surgery tonight. Can your husband or your mom text one of us when you're out so we can update the board while you are recovering? 

And while they're in there, maybe they can clear out some of your impaction? That would be nice to resolve, too. Ugh, you've been through so much. I'm glad they agreed to do the surgery. It's scary being pregnant and having it, but it will be the best for both you and Eli. You being in pain and stress levels affect him, too, as you well know.

Many, many, many hugs.  :)  :) 

I will try to post as soon as I can tonight. Thanks everyone.

My thoughts are with you now as you get ready for your surgery.  

I just got to my hospital room, surgery went well and they repaired TWO hernias. My colon is enlarged too and they aren't sure why. But I'm ok and baby is ok. They checked heartbeat right before and right after, but I asked if they can do again tonight for peace of mind.

I'm very sore but glad it's over. 3 small incisions thankfully. 

Yay! Glad to hear all is well. Hope you get some rest tonight.

I'm really glad to hear that it went well.

I hope you never have another issue like this but if you do, I hope this is a lesson for your surgeon not to stall. Glad you and baby Eli are doing well. Hope you're able to go home soon and rest comfortably. 

My goodness! Tell those insides to stay where they belong!!!! So glad you listened to your gut (pun not intended), and they listened to you. Now you can go back to growing a baby in peace.

And I know it's hard, but eat that protein as soon as they let you—you have to heal up yourself AND grow a baby so you really really need to get the protein in. 

Rest well, and sweet dreams to you and the baby. 

I'm glad everything went well. Keep taking care of yourself.

I'm so relieved to see that everything went smoothly. Hopefully you can heal quickly and enjoy a pain free, happy holiday season with your family. 

Greer,

I am so happy that all is progressing. Get some rest and go back to growing sweet little Eli! :D

PS: I was in the City and thought of you as I strolled past a pickle shop on the UWS. 

fantastic. so glad you're ok. get some rest and update us when you can. <3

Yeah, so glad to hear this, couldn't wait to get to work so I could get an update!  Take care of you and baby Eli and rest and recover!  Thinking of you!

YES!!! I hope your surgeon feels bad. 

Smooth recovering from here on out girlie!