MissKarina

My road to Gastric Bypass

Hi all.

Im now 6-days post op and for some reason I feel like sharing. It feels good to get my thoughts and feelings out on paper!

And boy, have I felt like crap! But it gets better. Slowly, but safely.

This is a MAJOR decision to take, and I have been prepping for this for about two years, before I finally took the decision. So I thought I was really prepared! I have been doing online research about the operation, the complications, side effects etc. I have been talking to people who have had the operation, and I have been talking to doctors .

So I thought I was ready! 

But what I wasn't ready for was the feelings the days after the surgery. I felt really blue, sad and scared! It all of the sudden occured to me, that this is a no-turning-back-decision. I can never regret it, and go back to my old life! Not that I want to. But my old life was my comfort zone.. and the first few days I felt really sorry for myself, thinking of all the things I can never eat again. Instead of thinking about ALL the wonderful things I can do when I lose weight!! 

I can go into any shop and buy pants

I dont have to be afraid that a chair will break under me

I dont have to be insecure when meeting new people

I can go diving

I can start running!

I can go skydiving!

...and most importantly: I can smile. Really smile without any worries about what people think of my weight.

Really - the sky is the limit!! And my old life - was not good for me. But I had to mourn about it, and it took nothing for me to start crying. Im still not happy-go-lucky - but it gets better each day! Sometimes I still get scared if I will regret the decision - and if I will feel like this forever. 

But hopefully, I will feel better.

I think you'll be fine. You are starting a new chapter in your life! Embrace it!

Keep them positive thoughts and you will do fine and keep thinking of all the things you will able to do and how much more healthy you will be . I wish you all the best !

Thank you for the encouragement! :)

Hi all.

Im now 6-days post op and for some reason I feel like sharing. It feels good to get my thoughts and feelings out on paper!

And boy, have I felt like crap! But it gets better. Slowly, but safely.

This is a MAJOR decision to take, and I have been prepping for this for about two years, before I finally took the decision. So I thought I was really prepared! I have been doing online research about the operation, the complications, side effects etc. I have been talking to people who have had the operation, and I have been talking to doctors .

So I thought I was ready! 

But what I wasn't ready for was the feelings the days after the surgery. I felt really blue, sad and scared! It all of the sudden occured to me, that this is a no-turning-back-decision. I can never regret it, and go back to my old life! Not that I want to. But my old life was my comfort zone.. and the first few days I felt really sorry for myself, thinking of all the things I can never eat again. Instead of thinking about ALL the wonderful things I can do when I lose weight!! 

I can go into any shop and buy pants

I dont have to be afraid that a chair will break under me

I dont have to be insecure when meeting new people

I can go diving

I can start running!

I can go skydiving!

...and most importantly: I can smile. Really smile without any worries about what people think of my weight.

Really - the sky is the limit!! And my old life - was not good for me. But I had to mourn about it, and it took nothing for me to start crying. Im still not happy-go-lucky - but it gets better each day! Sometimes I still get scared if I will regret the decision - and if I will feel like this forever. 

But hopefully, I will feel better.

I would love to read an update from you and how things turned out. You were so worried and I´m sure you are now extremely happy about taking the leap ;)

Go to Karina's profile page and look at her recent activity. She made several posts on 8/20, and as I recall was doing well. She's in Denmark, and although not readily obvious, English isn't her first language.

So often people make connections then drift away. But sometimes they drift back. Only time will tell.

Go to Karina's profile page and look at her recent activity. She made several posts on 8/20, and as I recall was doing well. She's in Denmark, and although not readily obvious, English isn't her first language.

So often people make connections then drift away. But sometimes they drift back. Only time will tell.

Thanks for the idea but I don´t see any pictures in her profile. It´s ok, I just wanted to enjoy her transformation. It´s great to know she´s doing so well.

misskarina.JPG

Hi all!!

im sorry for havent been here for soooo long! A lot has been Going on, With work, death In near family etc.

i appreciate you are keeping an eye on me :) 

i have lost 32 kilos and I feel GREAT!! I have no discomforts except from an infection In my colon but they dont see it as a side effect from the GB.

When I Think back at the time just after the surgery, I was so scaredand worries because I really felt sick. I was throwing up all the time and it took me more than Two months to recover! I didnt expect that. And i was hospitalised because of suspicion of a blood cloth. 

But looking back: I dont regret a Thing!!! This is the Best Thing I have EVER done for myself and I am enjoying this journey. The joy of feeling lighter and Healthier - it is so Amazing!!

and as it turns out: I Like dresses! I have NEVER Worn dresses - now I am spending so much Money on dresses and High heels! :) 

as for the psychological side: I have been told that it Can be hard for your mind to cope With all the physical changes. And I always thought it soundeda bit silly. But its true! Some days I am seriously afraid that my scale just need new batteries and that the next time I weigh myself the original number Will appear! And somedays I cannot see Any changes - But I am not worries at all. Im enjoying the journey - everything is good! :)

so tell me - how are you guys??

I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. 

Someone from Sweden recently joined the site.

Wow!!  So good to read your posts, and your positive update!  I am so happy for you.  You are an inspiration!

I am going in tomorrow...wish me luck!

Donna

Good luck - I Will be thinking of you! This is something Amazing you Do for yourself and your Health a remember that if it gets hard! 

You Can Do this - and it is Going to be Amazing!