teacherlauren

Aetna question about 2 years >40 BMI

Hi all,

I saw that Aetna's policy was updated on 4/7/2015. 

I can't find in the new policy bulletin about needing a >40 BMI for the last 2 years.

Does anyone know about the new changes?

http://www.aetna.com/cpb/medical/data/100_199/0157.html

Finally, some good news!  :huh:

Yea now it says "for a period of time" . I would like to know how long that period must be

I was approved today and only had a BMI above 40 for 4 months....

Hi!!! I have Aetna PPO and I am missing a documented weight in the year 2013.  Where do you see the information stating a period of time ??? I'd like to find it for my doctors office becaus the office manager seemed to think I'd have some trouble 

I have Aetna and my bmi is under 40 but I was approved due to hypertension.  Aetna requires a comorbity if bmi is under 40.  

@jfonoti Aetna has changed the requirement of needing a two year history weight. 

So, I don't have a co-morbitiy and had a BMI of >40 for a period of time (literally like 6 months) and was approved 1st try. :)

I was 100% sure that I was going to be denied... I almost cried when my doctor's office called.

I have Aetna Open Choice PPO, btw. :)

@jfonoti Aetna has changed the requirement of needing a two year history weight.

@PhatChick OMG sorry for the late reply!!! Wait so you believe this shouldn't be an issue.... if so you've made my YEAR! 

So, I don't have a co-morbitiy and had a BMI of >40 for a period of time (literally like 6 months) and was approved 1st try. :)

I was 100% sure that I was going to be denied... I almost cried when my doctor's office called.

I have Aetna Open Choice PPO, btw. :)

I'm so late!!!!!!!! but OMGoodness I am so excited! I was just at my appointment and they still weren't sure but I didn't read this until now!!!!

I have a Drs Statement saying I was over 40 bmi in 2012 and 2014 and am still over just in case! So happy to hear everything worked out for you guys! And really happy to hear good news! 

Edited by jfonoti