wyominggirl

Surgery is August 4th I'm emotional!

I'm set for surgery and pre-op diet is July 17th. I had chosen sleeve but wasn't 100%. Doc wants bypass, so I accepted that and now I've been emotional all day. Part of my issue sounds silly but I haven't been under 200 since probably 8th grade, and I just can't "see" it being real, so I fear that means I'm going to die on the table. I know...I'm a reasonable woman with a decent head on her shoulders, but at times like this I'm a scared kid. I hope these ups and downs settle soon.

You can get under 200, you'll just need to use your new pouch well. As for dying on th e table, sure there are risks to any surgery, but those are far less than the risks of living life obese.

I'm set for surgery and pre-op diet is July 17th. I had chosen sleeve but wasn't 100%. Doc wants bypass, so I accepted that and now I've been emotional all day. Part of my issue sounds silly but I haven't been under 200 since probably 8th grade, and I just can't "see" it being real, so I fear that means I'm going to die on the table. I know...I'm a reasonable woman with a decent head on her shoulders, but at times like this I'm a scared kid. I hope these ups and downs settle soon.

Hi! I'm scheduled for Aug 3! I can't believe your pre-op diet is so long. I thought mine of 2 weeks was long. It's one week clean eating and then the week before you're down to clear liquids.

I'm scared too but I think of my future and it's not pretty. Also, it reassures me when 100% of the people I've talked to after having it done do not regret it. Of course, I'm sure there are some people out there that do regret it but I just can't wait to be apart of my future.

As a heads up, (my boyfriend had it 4 months ago), the first 2 weeks are tough. However, don't let it get you down! After the first month, you are back to feeling like yourself, only eating less. He's lost 65 pounds and has SO much energy. It's quite amazing.

Best of luck... xxoo

I'm set for August 4th too! Nervous, excited and anxious.

Keep us posted.

Im Aug 4th too! Also nervous and excited!