Lauragp74

Ice chips, yes or no?

I'm one week out from surgery, had such nausea trying to drink my fluids, when I finally tried ice chips. I can get my fluids down when I suck on ice chips, of course they melt before I swallow. Does anyone one know if that's a big no, no. I was told no extreme temperatures but I consider getting my fluids in more important! Any thoughts?

Ice chips are a good thing in my life.

They gave me ice chips while I was in the hospital. I think it's fine.

It warms up a bit as it melts. As long as you're not swallowing the ice whole, I imagine you're fine. ;)

I don't see a location on your stats. A while back I saw a few people mention enjoying ice from Sonic during recovery. I'm lucky in that even though Sonics are pretty sparse here, there's one about 15 minutes from me.

You're good!   Some sleeves like warm, some sleeves like cold.  I loved ice prior to surgery and after with my new sleeve too.  Some people the ice/cold causes them to cramp up in there but if you are getting relief then keep on!

My sleeve has preferred ice all along.

I have eaten loads of sf popsicles along the way- counts as fluid too! I don't see a problem with ice if it doesn't hurt.

Ice chips? Of course.

Ice chips are all good.  Chew away.

Thanks everyone for all your responses. I just got my sleeve one week ago on June 9. Seem to be doing well just trying to get the fluids down, the ice chips seem to really help. I even ordered a ice shaver machine from Amazon, very excited about that!!

Edited by Lauragp74

Yep, that's what they gave me in the hospital during recovery.