Cicoca

4 yrs out and still have not learned my lesson!

Hello everyone! I have not visited here in a couple of yrs. I am 4 yrs out and still struggle to get to goal weight. I originally lost 120lbs. (no where near goal) and since then gained 40 of that back. I am still only able to eat small meals (thank God) however I seem to struggle with carbs. Cinwa I remember how helpful you have been in the past and would love to here ideas on getting started again? I recently tried low carb but I think it dropped my blood pressure too low and I felt horrible. Ideas and opinions please?????

Welcome back Cicoca!

I'd recommend you start getting back on track by doing the 5-Day Pouch Test.

A lot of our members have had good success with it.  It'll help get you kick the carbs that have a way of sneaking back into our diet.

Thank you Cinwa, I think you are right!

Ugh, me too! I am four years out and have regained 40 pounds. I am going to do the 5 day pouch test starting today.

Edited by joanne4545

I joined weight watchers and I have really enjoyed it

I'm about 4 years out and have been steadily regaining over the last three years. I lost 110 pounds thanks to RNY and I have now gained back 80 pounds of that. 40 of those pounds were over the last 12 months alone. I feel hungry all the time. Tired. Dizzy. I had no insurance for close to two years because of getting laid off and it taking awhile for insurance to kick in once I had another job, so I couldn't afford to go back for my yearly check up. I couldn't afford anything. I was laid off about a month after filing for divorce and I had moved out of my house because my abusive husband would not leave. So, in a flash I had no income and was paying a mortgage and rent simultaneously. Being broke and depressed definitely affected my once healthy routine.

Once I had insurance again, I had gained so much back that I've just been too embarrassed to show my face at the docs. I struggle with that everyday. I just feel shame and embarrassment. I have a boyfriend who wears an XS and eats pretty much nothing but carbs and I find that I eat more carbs because of that. I'm the only one that cooks, so after a long day of work when I roll into the house past 7:00 PM, I find myself cooking out of convenience and not health. I'm not sure where to start or how to get back on track. I feel the same overwhelming feeling I had before surgery, like the weight will never come off. I feel like I had this ONE opportunity and I blew it and now this is what I have to love with for the rest of my life. 

Sorry to hear about everything you're going through. While you've gained its always possible to get back on track. Have you considered doing the 5 day pouch test to kinda robot things?

6 minutes ago, Sarah just want to lose said:

I can relate with everyone on this subject it's been 4 years since I had gastric bypass surgery I didn't meet my 200 goal I'm 269 as of today I just want to start losing again don't no where to start

Welcome to Thinner Times Sarah!

Best advice I can give is that you do the 5-Day Pouch Test.  If you follow it to the letter, it will help get you back on track.

Sarah, along with the 5 day pouch reset I suggest going back to basics; fill up on protein, no drinking with meals, keep carbs low.  I’d recommend sticking with your old plan. Stay off the scale- maybe weigh once a week.  Ask yourself are you really hungry?  Is there any nutrition in what you are eating?