smilesformiles

Beef jerky/ beef sticks

I'm currently in the soft food stage (RNY- 3 1/2 weeks) I haven't had any issues yet with anything I've been allowed to eat. Soft meats. Eggs, cheese....ect. I forgot to check with my program if jerky or beef sticks would be acceptable at this stage. We're heading out this weekend to go camping and I'm trying to plan for myself and was wondering if jerky with a cheese stick would be okay?

In my program jerky and beef sticks were a no go at this stage. Even if you are doing well on various soft foods I would not push it, don't push your diet past where it should be, you are still healing.

In my program jerky and beef sticks were a no go at this stage. Even if you are doing well on various soft foods I would not push it, don't push your diet past where it should be, you are still healing.

Thank you. At what stage were you okay to try it?

Thank you. At what stage were you okay to try it?

When I was on solids, didn't even try them until then.

I'm currently in the soft food stage (RNY- 3 1/2 weeks) I haven't had any issues yet with anything I've been allowed to eat. Soft meats. Eggs, cheese....ect. I forgot to check with my program if jerky or beef sticks would be acceptable at this stage. We're heading out this weekend to go camping and I'm trying to plan for myself and was wondering if jerky with a cheese stick would be okay?

I think it would be too harsh. I do eat jerky, but was at least 6 or 7 months out when I first tried it.

I'd stick to canned tuna or chicken. Just as portable and you don't need to refrigerate it. Also cheese sticks.

I'd stick to canned tuna or chicken. Just as portable and you don't need to refrigerate it. Also cheese sticks.

Those two are still iffy for me at 2+ years. I would prolly be able to handle jerky towards the end of the soft food stage, though I did not try. I did try nuts though, and they were okay.

I was about 6 months out and since its sometimes difficult to chew to applesauce consistency you need to chew it like gum. The nuggets are a little more tender..