Hwndori

6 Month Journey Officially starts 6/1/15! (After 7yrs of waiting)

Hello everyone!

I am so excited to have found this forum. After 7 years of struggle, I finally have insurance that will cover this surgery, supportive family, and the obsessive determination to get through this six months of pre op dances for the insurance company... Moreover, a 6 month practice more like, to prepare me for what life will be like post op.

I have been lurking on Bariatric forums for months now. I want to know the good, the bad, I want to be as prepared as possible to set myself up for success. The past few months I have read post after post on various forums about others mistakes and successes. For example.... "Help I'm vomiting and can't stop, I only ate a TINY bits of steak but but I chewed it very well, I see no harm! Oh by the way I'm 4 days out"

*Bangs my head against the keyboard*

" is it ok to have saltine crackers? I'm on day 3?" Ummmm, no. "Well what about gummy bears?"

Seriously?

Anyways... I am making sure I have the knowledge and support way before my own big day arrives, and I love what I have found here in these forums. I am learning so much, and want to take this gift I will be given and utilize it to the fullest!

So here I am, after all these years... And my first PCP appointment is scheduled 6/1/15! Excited and ready to get this party started, and wanted io introduce myself to everyone!

Edited by Hwndori

Welcome I too am pre-op and have been on my surgeons diet since 6/13 about 800 calories a day . I have been living like I have already had surgery and it is very hard at first not drinking 1/2 hr before , during and after a meal specially during a meal . It take time to get use to getting in all your protein in . I go back on June 26 to get weighted in and talk to the surgeon again . It looks like surgery will happen in July , they are to call me next week for surgery date . This time before surgery is very important to get use to life after surgery . I am very excited for you and your decision on this journey .

Mike

Welcome to the forum

I'm new too, welcome!!!

Thanks everyone! :)

Welcome!

Welcome!

Hi, I too read everything I could get my eyes on. You found the right place. You may find some questions or comments that you will still shake your head at, but 99% of it is helpful and useful! 

Welcome!