Babalooist

3 week stall

Have any of the early May surgeries experienced this? I have been the same weight all week!

I started purées this week but nothing more adventurous than blended soups.

Starts my 'what if this doesn't work for me' anxieties up again :-/

Tracey

It is absolutely the worst feeling ever, I know :( but this 3 week stall is very normal for almost everyone. I experienced it too. I didn't lose any weight for 10 entire days. I was freaking out. I am 6 months post op and still freak out when I have a stall. I PROMISE you will start losing again. The best advice I can give, which I didn't follow, is to stay away from the scale. It will keep you from going crazy. I, however, am unable to stay away from the scale...so I am constantly driving myself crazy lol. Hang in there, the scale WILL start moving again!

Stalls are completely normal and should be expected.  Your weightloss will not just be a continuous downward slope;  it will look more like stairs.  Many many people get their first stall at 3 weeks.  I think I didn't get mine till 5.  My weightloss really amped up after about 6 weeks post op.  Also it is is pretty typical to have small "gains" in there as well, not fat gains but water gains.  Particularily around 'that time of the month' for us woman.  Just a normal part of the process the majority of us have to deal with.  

Thanks Ladies.  I've made a conscious decision not to get on the scales for a little while and concentrate on getting protein and liquids in.

Perhaps when I hop on the scales again the movement will be in the right direction  ;)

I'm actually so excited to find out that this is a real thing.  I was so disappointed in my 3rd week because I was used to seeing a weight loss every day post-op and I was so excited and then in week three, nothing.  I didnt gain and I tried to stay positive about it but I couldnt help but be so disappointed thinking I'll  be the only person in AMerica whose had gastric bypass surgery that couldnt lose more than 20 pounds.  Week 4 it started coming off again, now i'm down 29 lbs.   So glad to know I wasnt alone in this.

I too had a stall in week three. I was so dissapointed. I thought the surgery hadn't worked. I can't stay away from the scale either. I now weigh myself once a week. Well I cheat and get on when I feel skinny in the morning. Lol. And the weight loss is slower than I expected, but it is consistently coming off now. But I am sure my next stall will be just as frustrating.