Mikeical ( mike )

Anyone from upstate New York

Looking for people that are going too have or have had gastric bypass to bounce questions off of . I am new to this site and don't know anybody to join this new life change with . I have family support but it isn't the same as someone going though it .

Mike

Lots of helpful folks here, ask away.

Since you guys are from snow country what do you do for too keep busy during the winter ? I don't ski , snowmobile or do any outside stuff in the winter . I am disabled and am limited on what I can do due to back injury . I am kinda lost on things to do besides watching TV or playing games on the computer . Do you guys have any suggests ?

Thanks Mike

Welcome. Upstate Capital Region here.

Glens Falls NY. Try asking your doctor for suggestions.

Planet Fitness (good, but low-cost gym) could be good for walking and staying warm. 

Thanks for the advice I will be asking my doctor for things to do . Just trying to get the feel on what other people do in the winter .

Planet Fitness (good, but low-cost gym) could be good for walking and staying warm. 

I am a member and go at least 3 times a week...love it , great atmosphere and not full of muscleheads.....

Thank-you Duffman I have one that is about 10 mins. away .

I think you will enjoy it. Regular people that are all there to get healthy.....I have never felt uncomfortable, just make sure you start slow and listen to your body...rome was not built in a day.....I had to realize this as i am the type that likes quick results!

I can relate to that Mike I too have to dail it back quite often . Like you say Rome wasn't built in a day and I didn't get in this shape overnight lol .

Hi Upstate New York, from another Upstate New Yorker (Dansville, New York) I just joined here today and wondered if I have any nearby neighbors from Upstate too. I know we aren't within close proximity, but I do know where your town is. Nice to see some from our surrounding area here.

I am in New Hampshire, so definitely snow country here too. During the winter I go to the gym WAY more often then I do now that its nice to be outside. I was going 5 days a week during the winter, now I honestly haven't gotten there much as we are bike riding, hiking and hitting the beach to walk. But I definitely still feel the Planet Fitness membership is worth it.

I was shoveling roof tops and carrying wet snow covered 3/4 plywood for weeks on buildings during the snow storms before I got sick now I've been sitting at home for 4 months not moving barely go outdoors now due to my sarcoidosis so don't hurt yourself by pushing to much now I wish I wasn't so stupid and listened to my friends and family

Fellow Upstater here - even had the same surgeon! Feel free to bounce any questions you have off me!

Hi Upstate New York, from another Upstate New Yorker (Dansville, New York) I just joined here today and wondered if I have any nearby neighbors from Upstate too. I know we aren't within close proximity, but I do know where your town is. Nice to see some from our surrounding area here.

Rochester here

Have you had your surgery yet ? Pretty soon we will be shoveling snow ! O no ! Good luck to you on everything .