Kim M

What have I done!

Well I thought I would update anyone who has followed my saga.  We celebrated our 1 year anniversary last week.  He has been asking me to live him for a few months.  I have lived alone for 20 years since my divorce.  Well I finally said yes. We are both amazed that we found each other at this time in our life.  I will be moving in at the end of July.  He is wonderful, funny and supportive.  I really never thought I would live with anyone again.  You just never know what life will bring.

congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you and your intended are as happy as my hubby and I are. We were together( living in sin) for a few  years before that.

Best ............

Fantastic, Kim! I wish you all the happiness you so deserve!

There are few things I love more than a good love story and a happy ending. Happy for you. 

this is fantastic to hear.  gives me hope for a similar happy ending.  currently can't imagine living with someone.  i'd have to clean off the other side of the bed.  right now we spends nights at her house which suits me just fine.  

Congrats Kim! 

Congratulations Kim. Awesome news. You never know what life may bring. I'm happy for you. :D

Hi Kim 

I'm new to TT but I've been reading a lot. And I've been following your story.  I'm so happy for you and want to congratulate you on having the courage to start over and allow yourself to be happy again. You so deserve it.

Best of luck on this new journey. May it bring you love happiness and peace

Kim,

I know all too well that online dating can be a challenge. However, I met my boyfriend on Plenty of Fish of three years (at the end of this month July 22). But before him, I had met many men and all they wanted to do was "hook up". Meeting new people is important. However, if online dating is not working, then it is not working. I would try to find someone while you are out n about. For example, go have coffee and sit and look. If you see someone who looks like he is alone casually say hello and make conversation. This is extremely hard. Nevertheless, there is a better chance of meeting a well-rounded individual. He could be just reading a book or people watching. You never know. If you have a dog, take him/her to the dog park. Dog's are generally a good judge of character. When they play with other dogs then that can open up a conversation. A book store is another good place to meet people. When you see them reading a book, ask how it is. That draws people in. Chances are they like to read and that is another way to start a conversation. I hope this helps. I wish you the best in finding someone. 

Moving day is tomorrow.  My belief system was that I would always live alone even if I was in a relationship.  Well it has been one heck of a year.  Not freaking out yet.  Life is good.

Reading this post and it seems like ages ago.  We have been together for 3 1/2 years.  Living together for 2 1/2 years.  We had a commitment ceremony last December, which I didn't know about, with all the kids and grandkids at our house.  We have been wearing bands to symbolize our commitment to each other,   I recently had revision surgery and while in the hospital he asked me to marry him.  I thought we were all ready married...kind of.   I told him this and he said it was a yes or no answer.  I said yes but honestly don't know if it will ever happen.  I really just don't feel the need.  A happy ending either way.  

Never thought this could happen to me.  We both want forever...for however long that is.  

That is wonderful Kim - I love a real life romance - blessings to you, your partner and your family.

Congrats on your happiness, Kim. What a lovely story :) 

Wow, that is awesome.  Congrats !

Congrats!  So glad he has been with you through the last couple of rough years healthwise!

Congratulations!! 

Always space in life for happiness and love. :wub: