sleevedin11

Please.. I need help and advice..

This June I will complete 4 years post-op..

I lost about 120 pounds but then I gained back 17 of them..

The thing is I live in a country where the operation is still not available so I flew to Egypt to have my surgery done..Unfortunately my surgeon was really bad at counselling.. I asked him to explain the situation and what I need to know before and after the surgery but he wouldn't answer me.. He was always in a hurry to see the next patient.. So I came back home knowing nothing but the fact that my stomach was cut into more than the half..

I tried to search online and learn on my own but it wasn't enough..

I had a lot of complications.

Now I have a really bad depression.. I feel like everything is out of my control.. I can't get back in the track..

I can't see a doctor for my depression for many reasons.. I don't have close friends .. I am all alone hurt and confused..

I eat all the time..and I eat all the kinds of wrong things..

I am too hard on myself.. I am lost..

Would you please help me with anything ? Tell me what do you do when you're out of the track..

Tell me what are the most important things your doctors told you..

Tell me if depression is related to the surgery.. Anything..

One thing at a time. Every day, make one small change for the better. Don't think of the whole problem, because the whole problem is overwhelming. Break it down into smaller, more manageable pieces.

What complications? Where are you having difficulty with post-op? Do you track what you eat/drink? It's never a bad idea to hit the restart button when things are out of control. Go back to the beginning, if you don't know where the beginning is, then maybe some more information would be helpful.

I had two fissures due to severe constipation and I had to go for surgery for them..then I had post-operative infection..

I don't know if there is things that I should never eat again or avoid after the sleeve..

So sorry for your complications and the total lack of support from your surgeon. We can be your support.  Come here every day and post and read everything.  As said start with one change at a time.  If you can eat protein first, about 4 oz and 2 ozs of veggies that should be a start.  Eat whole foods.  Avoid processed foods these are the ones that go down easily and no matter how much you eat you don't feel full.  Don't drink for at least 30 minutes after you eat.  I do 3 meals a day and sometimes a protein snack.  Use myfitnesspal to track your food.  I am unsure what is available in your country in terms of protein.  I eat a lot of fish and chicken.  Also drink at least 64 oz of water a day in between meals.  If your surgery was done correctly, you should begin to feel restriction by eating this way.  I know it is scary to have some regain, but you have lost a good amount of weight so you know how to do this.  So pick one thing and begin to do that and keep moving on.  Stay connected.  Depression is very difficult to deal with without tx.  There are also support forums for those that are suffering and maybe you could also visit those.  Don't give up we are here. You are not alone

Thank you so much for your support.. It's sad that in my country it's harder to start doing the right thing.. For instance, I read a lot about protein shakes in forums but I have never heard about them before and they are not available here..good psychotherapy and support groups don't exist here as well.. Let alone the stigma of having depression.. So I keep pushing harder and harder to seem stronger and act "normal" in front of people..

I will try as you said.. Eating proteins first then Veggies..

At 4 yrs post op I wouldn't worry about protein shakes.  I don't use them as I prefer food.  It must be very hard to put on a happy face when that is not how you are feeling.  Please stay connected to the forum as we talk about just about everything here.  You can pm me anytime.

I would start back to basics.  Just make small changes everyday and eat like you did when you first had your surgery.  Small steps my friend.  Do you exercise?  I know that helps lots of people.  It's one think to loose all the weight but it's a totally another to keep it off. 

remember small steps!  You will get back on track.  You did this for yourself!  xoxoxoxo

Thank you all..That's what I am trying to do. Small steps.. But I get so overwhelmed and confused sometimes..

I would eat egg, meat and beans, drink your 64 oz of water every day.  Remember to chew your food and what it cost for you to get here.  You must fight your way back , walk 2 mile every day and pray for strenght.

Thank you all..That's what I am trying to do. Small steps.. But I get so overwhelmed and confused sometimes..

Hope you are doing well.  We are here and yes this process can be overwhelming at times.  Sending you grace in your journey. 

I am thankful for your kind replies..

Keep posting for support and let us know how you are doing