mommytyree

How did I let this happen?

Regain. 46 lbs. I can't stop crying. I'm trying to get back on track. Got on here. Got my fitness pal back. Have a plan to do 5dpt.

Tried to talk to hubs about it and got a lecture about all the rules I'm not following. Like I didn't already know. Not what I needed today.

I did this surgery so that my life wouldn't revolve around food. But it still does. I'm still trying to figure out how to eat to live and not live to eat.

I hope I can get this under control and figure it out!

Stats for the day: 963 calories 90 protein 57 carbs

Baby steps

Looked back at my fitness pal weights. I was 164 lbs Feb 2014. 204lbs today. 40 lbs in 15 months. I plan to take it off in 6 months for the winter holidays.

Edited by mommytyree

Glad you are taking action and it sounds like you are on the right track. I know you can achieve your goal.

I feel ya! I wonder if it has something to do with the two year mark. I have gained 10 pounds over the last few months and I am just as frustrated, We can do this! I am back to running and upping my protein. I have got to fix this now. We didn't go through all of this to gain it back. We still have the tool, we just need to use it.

I think the 5dpt is a great idea!

Why is it so hard ? Killed a bottle of wine and ate pizza for dinner.

For me, drinking leads to more eating.  Maybe you need a bright line rule about alcohol during your weight loss?

Why is it so hard ? Killed a bottle of wine and ate pizza for dinner.

I'm not gonna judge. I can kill a bottle of wine myself easily, and do sometimes. But it actually makes me not want to eat.

That said, maybe you need to look at WHY you are drinking. Is the pizza a result, or a coincidence? You have full control, it's just a matter of re establishing it.

I had the wine in the morning after working night shift and the pizza for dinner in the evening.

@GAviv I don't want to eat when I drink alcohol either.

@Bass359 I didn't drink for the first year and now I do. I agree I should cut it while trying to lose again.

Edited by mommytyree

If you feel a need for pizza, eat the cheese and meat; ditch the crust...

Alcohol is empty calories and can add up quickly. Maybe if you've had a really good week reward yourself with 1glass of wine at the end (not the whole bottle)

You can do it!

It is empty calories and I seen it when I logged in my fitness pal. A whole days calories for a whole bottle.

Did good tonight. We had a pot luck for someone leaving my nursing unit. Tons of chocolate!! I ate a turkey/cheese on a dinner roll and chucked half to roll, the fruit salad I brought, and a bite of a brownie. Ate the brownie bite 2 hrs later at end of night. Damn being sleepy kills my willpower!

I can handle about a half slice of pizza, not more than once or twice a month. Local place has one with chicken, cheese, and green pepper. My son in law buys it without sauce, and good protein from the chicken. Pretty tasty. Wine, very rarely, had two glasses with friends at a biz seminar a couple of weeks ago. It's been a very long time before that because it is a problem for me.

mommytyree - I am 2 1/2 years out, have gained 14 pounds in 6 months, and I have let old habits creep back in. I just had a recheck this morning and they told me the worst thing was I was drinking with my meals. I have also been drinking sweet tea and they said that it probably contained as much calories as I should have all day.

So, I am going to try the not drinking and eating at the same time and gradually change what I am eating. 

We can do this.

I've been tempted to try making the baked cheese chips; just baking cheese til crispy.

Something I try to ask myself is what's in it for me vs calories. Is there enough nutrition for the calories?

Before vacation I went in to the grocery store really early one morning; smelled doughnuts making; told myself I didn't need them and got a small box of raspberries; more nutrition less calories

I just wanted to step in here and give you my full support. I personally believe the hardest part of WLS in the Journey is long term. The 1st year is so exciting! We watch every little thing and do exactly as we should. The weight just falls off and it feels so good! Then the 2nd year hits, weight loss may slow down and we can become discouraged. I lost all my weight and then some within 6 months, so i don't know how it feels to have weight loss stop or slack off in 2nd year. However- i can just imagine how i would feel if i did have more weight to lose and it wouldn't budge no matter how hard i tried. Also to have weight gain i didn't plan for would be very upsetting. I have put on 10 pounds since Dec 2014, but mine was planned for. Anyway, i just wanted to give a few words of encouragement.  

I can relate to the drinking, as i do have more than i should at times. I also have pizza once in a great while, but i eat one slice " Depending on the size " and i am done. Personally, i don't see anything wrong with having one slice of pizza now and then. As long as you're long term and not in active weight loss phase or NO TRIGGERS and it's included into your calories for the day, i don't see any harm. I'm just one of those people who refuses to be on a diet my whole life. I watch my calories and eat healthy most of the time, but i do also enjoy some foods others would shy from. I'm not putting anyone down for their choices and i hope that no one would me either. We all just gotta do whatever works for us and that's as simple as it gets. I think you're brave and very honest for posting about your weight gain. I believe you can get the weight back off and you know exactly what it will take to do it. Being long term now i'd use some cardio along with eating healthy to help with the weight loss. It may help ignite your metabolism and being this far out into your Journey you may need that extra boost. Wishing you all the best and know you have us all here on TT for support.  :)

On Friday, May 08, 2015 at 7:20 PM, Cheesehead said:

I've been tempted to try making the baked cheese chips; just baking cheese til crispy.

Something I try to ask myself is what's in it for me vs calories. Is there enough nutrition for the calories?

Before vacation I went in to the grocery store really early one morning; smelled doughnuts making; told myself I didn't need them and got a small box of raspberries; more nutrition less calories

I've made parmesan crisps- followed a Giada DeLaurentis recipe. They have a nice crunch, and zero carbs- straight protein. I think this is a perfectly acceptable snack.

Edited by cherylm321
Spelling

Lost 4 lbs this week despite my bad day! I never drink with meals. That's one thing I've stuck to. And no carbonated beverages. Haven't had a soda in over 3 yrs. It's the chips that get me! My hubby works at Old Dutch! Quit bringing that crap home!! Lol!

Thank you all for responding. I don't feel like such a failure. Just trying to refocus.

Yay! Way to go... Baby steps... Sweets are my downfall can't keep them in the house...

Lost 4 lbs this week despite my bad day! I never drink with meals. That's one thing I've stuck to. And no carbonated beverages. Haven't had a soda in over 3 yrs. It's the chips that get me! My hubby works at Old Dutch! Quit bringing that crap home!! Lol!

Thank you all for responding. I don't feel like such a failure. Just trying to refocus.

Well done!!! =)

On 5/8/2015 at 9:52 AM, tmcgee said:

I can handle about a half slice of pizza, not more than once or twice a month. Local place has one with chicken, cheese, and green pepper. My son in law buys it without sauce, and good protein from the chicken. Pretty tasty. Wine, very rarely, had two glasses with friends at a biz seminar a couple of weeks ago. It's been a very long time before that because it is a problem for me.

You can handle only 1/2 slice of pizza at two+ years post surgery? I am able to eat more. I'm wondering if that means my pouch is stretching.

On 6/10/2015 at 9:49 PM, JudyAnn said:

You can handle only 1/2 slice of pizza at two+ years post surgery? I am able to eat more. I'm wondering if that means my pouch is stretching.

I don't know, doc says my pouch is the size of my thumb and the output from it has the diameter of a quarter. I can never eat much, it just doesn't sit well and will likely come back up if I try.

Ask you surgeon how big your pouch is and how big the stoma is, I have no idea why they don't tell all their patients this info, it's been invaluable to me, but hey, I'm a techie kind of guy.

I am so glad I found this link.  I too am struggling with weight gain and am very frustrated.  How to get back on track??? I am a very visual learner so is there somewhere on the forums that shows portion sizes or where those who are successful post their daily meals?  I think this will help me greatly. 

I have had back surgery that was unsuccessful this past September and have been on so many meds for the pain ever since that I wonder if this is why I can't lose anymore.  The MD's just tell me that they can account for a small portion of weight gain but not normally.  Steroid injection every 6 weeks and taking Gabapentin daily can certainly make you gain from what I have read.  I am just so frustrated right now..... 

I need to be accountable to someone and definately need a sponsor.

Any ideas????

Go back to basics.  Try the 5 day pouch test to reset your diet.  Do you log what you eat?  Do you hit your protein, fluid and carb goals?  If not you should start.

Same thing happened to me, I joined weigh watchers and lost 20 pounds in no time

I'm going through the same struggle right now.  My two year mark is in three days and I've gained 20 pounds over the last 6 months.  It's terrifying to see how quickly that happened and I'm really frustrated with myself for doing this.  I find I'm in the old mentality that "Monday is the day I'll get back on track."  Just not sure how to get that discipline back.