m&a's mom

May 6th

4 more days! I am such a ball of emotion. Had my final pre-op meeting with my surgeon yesterday and I'm pretty sure that I feel even more confidant and comfortable with him now. He wrote an amazing 60 page Bariatric Surgery Patient Guide that I have read at least 4 times since I got it. I'm having a bad case of the 'what ifs?'the last few days. My kiddos are nervous and my hubby finally admitted that he's scared and nervous too. I'm excited about starting this new journey, it's long overdue. I've tried this diet and that diet over the years only to have them work and then poof!, back to square one. How are all of you dealing with your upcoming dates? Any of the same emotions?

I'm beginning to get very nervous and anxious at the same time. I have a similar background with the weight loss and regain. It's hard for me to imagine that I will have a different relationship with food and be able to maintain that after all my failures. But seeing all the successes from people that were once in the same place helps to give me hope. We are going to do this!

I am exactly the same. I have struggled with my weight since I was a child and it was a huge decision to choose surgery to try and give myself another chance.

Kids are worried, hubby worried .... Lots of pre-op anxiety. BUT this is our chance to hit the reset button ..... To add years to our lives and for those years to be healthy and active. That's what's stopping me from bolting to the hills before tomorrow

So thankful that I have found others on the same journey. Can't wait to be a loser!

I felt all that too-but it is so worth it! It will more then  likely be a breeze compared to what your head is telling you-good luck I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers-and like someone told me right after surgery "welcome to the loser's bench" :)