got my coccyx pillow last night

I used in in the recliner last night and it helped.  not perfect but better.  I'm using it now on my desk chair at work.  the jury's still out.  I had to adjust the height of my keyboard tray and the height of my chair.  it makes me sit differently.  my hip pain seems to be a little better.  usually by this time of the afternoon I'm listing to the right trying to take the pressure off my left hip.  but I've also had three chiropractor treatments and two bodywork (Bowen) treatments.  it darn well better be getting better. 

i'll let you know if I decide I like it for the office chair.  if so i'll probably get another one to have at home. 

Glad it is helping some. I couldn't make it through a day without mine.

I got one on Amazon-it helped the "sitz-bones" pain tremendously, but not the tailbone. Turns out my Dr. says from looking at the mri-I either fractured or really badly bruised the tailbone. Not a darn thing can be done for it-and it's excruciating!

I hope your new pillow gives you some relief!

it seems to be helping.  today is better than yesterday.  although I forgot to take it home so I could use it in the recliner while I knit.  my hip even seems to be a little better today too. 

I got one on Amazon-it helped the "sitz-bones" pain tremendously, but not the tailbone. Turns out my Dr. says from looking at the mri-I either fractured or really badly bruised the tailbone. Not a darn thing can be done for it-and it's excruciating!

I hope your new pillow gives you some relief!

Oh Cheryl.

I am so sorry for all your pain.

Hope you get relief soon

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry about your pain. I got one of these pillows (wedge type) for my office chair about 6 months ago and it did help, but I have just ordered a gel filled one for the dining chair, and plan to get another wedge for the car.  At work I will try to take my break in my car, or on a recliner (I work in a dementia unit) rather than on any harder chairs.  Also doing stretching exercises seems to help reduce pain. 

Is that for tail bone pain? Because sitting is crazy painful for me! Driving long distances and flying are torture. Strangely my work chair is not a problem for me. I don't understand why this is so painful post surgery -was never an issue before.

I used in in the recliner last night and it helped.  not perfect but better.  I'm using it now on my desk chair at work.  the jury's still out.  I had to adjust the height of my keyboard tray and the height of my chair.  it makes me sit differently.  my hip pain seems to be a little better.  usually by this time of the afternoon I'm listing to the right trying to take the pressure off my left hip.  but I've also had three chiropractor treatments and two bodywork (Bowen) treatments.  it darn well better be getting better. 

i'll let you know if I decide I like it for the office chair.  if so i'll probably get another one to have at home. 

Can you tell me what is happening to you?  I have been dealing with some odd pains myself.

Boy, I remember the pain during rapid weightloss. I wish I could recall when everything adjusted and the tailbone was no longer an issue to give you all hope. Glad you found a pillow to ease the situation.

Can you tell me what is happening to you?  I have been dealing with some odd pains myself.

well i had to quit using the pillow.  it raised me too high in the chair.  the back of the chair hit me in the upper middle of my back such that the pain there was greater than in my tail bone.  both in my office chair and recliner at home.  with chiropractic and bowen therapy the pain in my hip has almost resolved.  i had no pain at all on my 7-day cruise.  but back in the office yesterday and it feels like i pulled a groin muscle.  not sure how my chair makes that happen.  tail bone pain does not bother me at the office.  but home in the recliner is another storey.  i squirm around and sit on my feet and lean to one side of the other.  i'm going to order a donut pillow from amazon.  they look thinner than the coccyx pillow.  i'm hoping it will be low enough to not bother my upper back and help my tail bone.  sometimes it gets so painful it takes my breath away. 

according to Jolls donut pillows are the way to go. 

i also have random pains in my knees and feet when i walk.  don't know whether to ascribe that to weight loss or arthritis from getting old or some other unknown cause.  but they are truly random and don't last long. 

I have had major hip pain on my left side and I was guessing it was something to do with the PPI I was taking.....I will now have to google pain during rapid weight loss.

I have a donut pillow that I take with me to teach piano, sing in choir...anyplace I know the chair is going to be a problem. It helps-hope yours does too!