Jenz

Preop Diet ughhh

I'm only 3 days in and I feel like I'm losing my mind.  So hungry.  How do people get through this?  Right now I am craving food and wondering if that will always be so. I don't think I can live like this forever.  I'm being a baby I know.

Thanks Vonnie :)  

This is the toughest part and it will pass, it's not forever.

You're not being a baby. I think that's pretty normal. I think it will get better as your body get used to living off of less. And you are probably having some carb withdrawal as well which is no joke to deal with. Hang in there...We'll be o the losers bench soon and this will be one of those memories like childbirth that you get through and then it gets minimized in the grand scheme of things.

Sugar free popsciles were the lifesaver for me on my 2 week liquid only diet. At least it gives you some semblance of chewing. Short term pain for long term gain.

Oh! Ugh! It was soooo rough! However, once you are on the other side it becomes a distant memory! You got this!!!! Agree 100% with Jolls on the ice pops!

It got better for me after a few days, even with having to cook and get food for my teenage boys, and being at work with all kinds of food everywhere. However, as I got closer to surgery, I started getting hungry again and even things that I normally wouldn't touch looked good (like White Castle! :wacko:) After surgery, though, that hunger went away and I didn't even want to think about food.

Like others have suggested, try SF popsicles. Can you have SF Jello? That might help, too. Stay the course; it's worth the effort!

I appreciate the words of encouragement.  I'm going to go to bed and buy some popsicles tomorrow!

I hate the shakes and that is not helping.  I think I need to get some unflavored protein.  All the other flavors are just too sweet.

It sucks. It's hard. But, you need to be able to do hard things. Reach down, find some determination and stubbornly refuse to give in. Do other things to take your mind off it. Chew ice, that helped me. Read, walk, play with your dogs, clean the toilet, whatever it takes. Brush your teeth, because nothing tastes good after brushing your teeth. It did not get better for me until three days before my surgery. So, hang in there. Don't cheat, it isn't worth it.

Try cutting the sweetness with cocoa powder (if that would work in the flavor you have).  Also use a bit more milk instead to dilute it; or reversely a little less powder.   Perhaps that will help.

Hey Jenz.How's the diet going? Hope things are going smoother for you. Not much longer now!